Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Concessions cost.

Default Re: Concessions cost.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHammock View Post
    You definitely have a valid point, and I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you. The flip side is that if the tickets were done in a fashion to save money there would be people complaining about how Bush League we are. Just my 2 cents
    The advisement on the tickets and in the booklet probably more than offsets the price of printing and mailing

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    So you have to go to this to get your bobble head that you were supposed to get for renewing tickets?
    Or do people just get these for showing up?
    Sounds like just showing up, same as Fan Day. All those folks got bobbleheads as well.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    I understand that, but the reality of the situation is next weekend we will be taking a BIG hit financially and we will get our butts whipped at the same time. If we modernize the way we deliver tickets (e-tickets or what ever) and maybe even electronic parking passes it would show that we are ahead of the curve and reduce costs.
    This is the opposite of what innovative companies are doing these days. Companies that sell premium products (including sports teams) are now thinking extremely hard about how to package their products in a way that creates an "unboxing experience." There's a lot of psychology behind it, but it is basically a way to present your product to your customer that makes the product feel more valuable to them.

https://blog.ordoro.com/2016/04/19/7...g-experiences/

I know it is just a ticket, but there is a lot of solid theory that goes into the choice to print them nicely and put them in a nice booklet instead of just printing them off at the box office and sticking it in a cheap envelope.

Just to show you, this is what pro sports teams are doing these days:

its interesting to see other teams going to similar models of UL stadium, USM just announced new concession pricing similar to UL and also announced this week the addition of beer to the stadium (of course with it being off of the coast in Mississippi plenty of Hattiesburg people are up in arms over the evil beer being served at the stadium)

5. Default Re: Concessions cost.

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    its interesting to see other teams going to similar models of UL stadium, USM just announced new concession pricing similar to UL and also announced this week the addition of beer to the stadium (of course with it being off of the coast in Mississippi plenty of Hattiesburg people are up in arms over the evil beer being served at the stadium)
    But, but, but is it $2 beer?

I had a co-worker who tried to open up a restaurant that serves alcohol in Hattiesburg about 10 years ago. He ended up giving up on it once he was informed that his church, as well as some of his friends and family, would ostracize him for it. Things can still get weird in Mississippi.

How do you keep a baptist from drinking all the booze at your party? Invite two of them.

Hopefully they serve SoPro

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    I had a co-worker who tried to open up a restaurant that serves alcohol in Hattiesburg about 10 years ago. He ended up giving up on it once he was informed that his church, as well as some of his friends and family, would ostracize him for it. Things can still get weird in Mississippi.

How do you keep a baptist from drinking all the booze at your party? Invite two of them.
    Must of got really weird when Hooters opened in Hattiesburg near campus.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Must of got really weird when Hooters opened in Hattiesburg near campus.
    Trust me, many pearls were clutched that day.

10. Default Re: Concessions cost.

Collector items

Really, It makes me feel like they are wasting money with all the useless junk they put in the package. It cost money to print all of that and add the postage at $1.75. I think they could spend their money in a better place. Send me my tickets and parking pass that is all I need. Keep the rest. Tickets can be e-tickets and save even more. It's time to minimize expenses to maximize the dollars you have.
    No doubt! At least need to give the option for those of us that would like to see costs minimized... and profits maximized.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    This is the opposite of what innovative companies are doing these days. Companies that sell premium products (including sports teams) are now thinking extremely hard about how to package their products in a way that creates an "unboxing experience." There's a lot of psychology behind it, but it is basically a way to present your product to your customer that makes the product feel more valuable to them.

https://blog.ordoro.com/2016/04/19/7...g-experiences/

I know it is just a ticket, but there is a lot of solid theory that goes into the choice to print them nicely and put them in a nice booklet instead of just printing them off at the box office and sticking it in a cheap envelope.

Just to show you, this is what pro sports teams are doing these days:

If you need something like that to get excited about your season tickets then there is something wrong with your product. You should be excited about the season your team is about to enter not the package your tickets come in. To me it's patronizing.

13. Default Re: Concessions cost.

If you need something like that to get excited about your season tickets then there is something wrong with your product. You should be excited about the season your team is about to enter not the package your tickets come in. To me it's patronizing.
    Don’t fool yourself - people, even throw down diehards like to get STUFF

All I can tell you is that there is a really good reason why the largest companies and sports teams on the planet spend so much effort on this. It really does create additional value for your product.

Apple was the company that really pioneered this. I can assure you they didn’t do this because there was something wrong with their iPods and iPhones.

At the end of the day it is a really cheap way to increase the perceived value of your product.

The only mistake UL made was not shipping the bobbleheads in a nice box with the season tickets.

None of this was advertised before the season tickets came up for renewal. At least I didn't see it. Therefore I was one day late to even get the lowly of the give a ways. I renewed on April 14th...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information