Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: DR. Maggard on BEV 8/20/19 3:00 P.M.

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    We tried an Astros game was not ideal going Plus I kinda want his first game to be at CF
    But what if he’s our rabbit foot? Your kid’s presence could alter the course of Cajun Football’s history

Default Re: DR. Maggard on BEV 8/20/19 3:00 P.M.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Lanny, my man. Both of my youngest were at away venues before their first birthday to see the Cajuns. Minute Maid, the Dome, Tech’s dump of a stadium

Does that make me a bad parent? Probably.
    Good Cajun fan? God damn right.
    My first born was born in late November and in the Cajun Dome that January. He turned out OK.

But what if he’s our rabbit foot? Your kid’s presence could alter the course of Cajun Football’s history
    He was at the app state game in baseball He might be stuck at home with his grandmother LOL

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    My first born was born in late November and in the Cajun Dome that January. He turned out OK.
    Similar story. My son was born Jan 11 and at the Juice Box for the Shriners.

This would make a good thread. When did you first take your infant to a cajuns game?

This would make a good thread. When did you first take your infant to a cajuns game?
    What an awesome birthday your son has.

6. Default Re: DR. Maggard on BEV 8/20/19 3:00 P.M.

My son was 2 weeks old and was part of the first season at Cajun Field.

Actually reminds me how old and outdated the stadium has become.

My son’s first Cajun game will be August 31st in the Dome. He’ll be a few days short of 9 months. I guess at least it won’t be crowded in there, so it will be a little easier.

His first Astros game was Father’s Day, and the Astros got destroyed. They were throwing their first baseman before the game was over. Cool thing at Minute Maid: you can go to one of the customer service areas, and they will print you a first game certificate.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    11k tickets sold for NOLA game

8k season tickets

Gotta get those numbers up!
    These numbers can’t be right, someone on this board told us we had sold way more than the 3000 being reported a few weeks ago. I’m calling bs

Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    These numbers can’t be right, someone on this board told us we had sold way more than the 3000 being reported a few weeks ago. I’m calling bs
    I don't believe he stated we purchased 11K tickets nutty professor. He's simply pointing out the total tickets sold for the game and season tickets. Put your glasses back on!

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I don't believe he stated we purchased 11K tickets nutty professor. He's simply pointing out the total tickets sold for the game and season tickets. Put your glasses back on!
    Did he not say we sold 3500 tickets for miss st game?

That info was on here 2 weeks ago and we were told it wasn’t true that we had a bad number. According to dr maggard we didn’t have a bad number right

Did he not say we sold 3500 tickets for miss st game?

That info was on here 2 weeks ago and we were told it wasn't true that we had a bad number. According to dr maggard we didn't have a bad number right
    "11k tickets sold for NOLA game

8k season tickets

Gotta get those numbers up!"

Where did he say UL purchased 11K tickets? He stated 11K Sold for the Nola game and 8K season tickets. We have a hand in getting both of those numbers up as a fan base. The first was generic and the second comment was specific to season tickets sales. Does he need to clarify that for you?

Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't.

Nutty Professor

This should not be a surprise.

We can put 40k in a stadium or 4k. It just depends. That is the truth of this fanbase and this area. We show up for events and are quick to join a party. If you have to explain why we should go, you've already lost.

If the average Cajun senses that the program has some "juice" going, they will show up. We spent more time last season explaining to the world why Andre Nunez was the worst QB to ever put on a Cajun uniform rather than enjoying the unexpected ride to the Championship Game. There was no "juice". That generally sour attitude is still here.

So, interest in this game was never there for many reasons. No "juice" takes care of most of the casual fans. As for the core fan, 1 thing is keeping people home. The Quarter will not be a family friendly environment for the entire weekend. This is keeping way more people home than a lot of people want to admit. Some people say just to not go down there. Well, that's kinda the point to a NOLA weekend, enjoying NOLA.

Just too easy to say F it, stay home, BBQ, watch TV, and enjoy Labor Day weekend for a lot less money and a lot less headaches.

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    "11k tickets sold for NOLA game

8k season tickets

Gotta get those numbers up!"

Where did he say UL purchased 11K tickets? He stated 11K Sold for the Nola game and 8K season tickets. We have a hand in getting both of those numbers up as a fan base. The first was generic and the second comment was specific to season tickets sales. Does he need to clarify that for you?

Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't.

Nutty Professor
    I never said that, yourre the nutty one. What I’m saying is he said 3500 tickets were sold by ul. That was on this board 2 weeks ago and we were told that was a bad number but after listening to dr maggard on jays show, that number from 2 weeks ago sounds legit

14. Default

I never said that, yourre the nutty one. What I’m saying is he said 3500 tickets were sold by ul. That was on this board 2 weeks ago and we were told that was a bad number but after listening to dr maggard on jays show, that number from 2 weeks ago sounds legit
    11000 is total by the way not just ul, I sure you know that though

Took my 5 mth old to the 2003 4OT game at MT. It was 40 degrees and misty rain all day long. Probably was not the smartest thing to do but we were there and we wrapped her up with many blankets.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information