Thread: Former Louisiana Gov. Kathleen Blanco dies at 76

Default Re: Former Louisiana Gov. Kathleen Blanco dies at 76

I was fortunate to know her on a personal level. She was one of the kindest human beings I've ever known.

We've known this day was coming, but that doesn't make it any easier.

My condolences to Coach and their five children

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    I was fortunate to know her on a personal level. She was one of the kindest human beings I've ever known.

We've known this day was coming, but that doesn't make it any easier.

My condolences to Coach and their five children
    I remember the conversations I had with her when she traveled on football road trips. A very gracious lady.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    I remember the conversations I had with her when she traveled on football road trips. A very gracious lady.
    Very gracious lady, always nice to me. RIP Mrs. Blanco.

5. Default Re: Former Louisiana Gov. Kathleen Blanco dies at 76

One of the nicest ladies I've ever met. Worked for her husband, Dean Raymond Blanco, for years at the USL Switchboard and as a Counselor and Assistant House Director many years ago. She seemed to be always smiling and happy when we talked. A great lady! Prayers going out for her and her family. RIP!

Sad to hear this. I never met her but knew her daughters when I was in school. Wonderful family. My prayers go out to her family.

RIP Mrs. Blanco

When a tornado destroyed my in-laws house in New Iberia Governor Blanco flew in by helicopter and comforted them. I didn’t know her on a personal level but I thought she was very kind and compassionate and am saddened by her death. May you RIP. Prayers for her family during this tough time.

8. Default Re: Former Louisiana Gov. Kathleen Blanco dies at 76

Quote Originally Posted by irokcj5 View Post
    When a tornado destroyed my in-laws house in New Iberia Governor Blanco flew in by helicopter and comforted them. I didn’t know her on a personal level but I thought she was very kind and compassionate and am saddened by her death. May you RIP. Prayers for her family during this tough time.
    Coach recruited me and I met Kathleen when they started dating.when I left Law school, coach got me to come back and coach.spent very much time with them through the yearsmuch love but very opposite ideologically!

9. Default Re: Former Louisiana Gov. Kathleen Blanco dies at 76

I remember having a crush on Kathleen Babineaux in 1984, or whenever it was that she was first running for office

Very unfortunate and sad loss.

10. Default Blessed to Have Known Her – From the Bird's Nest

I knew Kathleen Blanco. I was one of the fortunate ones.

Thread Information