Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread: Napier makes the National News

Default Re: Napier makes the National News

Regardless of whether this is a good or bad thing, it’s not a good look for Napier or the university right now.

2. Default Re: Napier makes the National News

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    If they minded giving $50 we would know. People always have to make something out of nothing. Instead of seeing the good in this and what it teaches these guys, the media will make it something it’s not. They voted on it, as a team.
    In another era employers encouraged donations to “The United Way “. The CEO of the country got a lot of favorable encouragements for their employees donations. Eventually the UW was exposed for excessive benefits to it’s board and officers.

Voluntary contributions are rarely voluntary, much like union dues may or may not be used as the members like, but the dues are mandatory. No athlete should be shamed into giving back, and listing who gives and who is absent from the list is a form of guilting.

Again I’m good with whatever a player chooses to do or not do. A reluctant donor isn’t going to learn anything but resentment. The story was listed as “required “ a bad thing IMO.

Geez, Y’all are some light weight mofo’s that like to listen to the overbearing mediagreaux some and stop with this foolishness! Join RCAF and have a great day.GEAUX CAJUNS 🤟

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    In another era employers encouraged donations to “The United Way “. The CEO of the country got a lot of favorable encouragements for their employees donations. Eventually the UW was exposed for excessive benefits to it’s board and officers.

Voluntary contributions are rarely voluntary, much like union dues may or may not be used as the members like, but the dues are mandatory. No athlete should be shamed into giving back, and listing who gives and who is absent from the list is a form of guilting.

Again I’m good with whatever a player chooses to do or not do. A reluctant donor isn’t going to learn anything but resentment. The story was listed as “required “ a bad thing IMO.
    The true story? Or the story everyone read? This is so f’n ridiculousand people wonder why nobody has any accountability. If you are looking for the bad or negative in every situation you can find it. I’ll pledge a $1000 in the players names to help double THEIR contributions. This staff and this team are trying to do something good and positive. Leave it to the media and masses to try to ruin it. It’s sad that people want to find the negative in this. I hope the staff and team sends out a big 🖕🏼 to everyone who has an issue with what THEY decided to do.

The true story? Or the story everyone read? This is so f’n ridiculousand people wonder why nobody has any accountability. If you are looking for the bad or negative in every situation you can find it. I’ll pledge a $1000 in the players names to help double THEIR contributions. This staff and this team are trying to do something good and positive. Leave it to the media and masses to try to ruin it. It’s sad that people want to find the negative in this. I hope the staff and team sends out a big 🖕🏼 to everyone who has an issue with what THEY decided to do.

Amen

I agree screw the liberal media.

I am sure someone is going to say this is stupid, but I would like to sponsor a player any player pay the $50, let my kids meet him and then my kids will want to pay attention to the game more and follow him, thence allowing me to stay a little longer at the games.
    Let the kids take a tour of the looker room/ facilities, etc. with said player.
    Just a suggestion probably some stupid ncaa rule against it.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
    Regardless of whether this is a good or bad thing, it’s not a good look for Napier or the university right now.
    Coach said it was mandatory from now on in one press conference and then acted like he doesn't know where anyone got that idea in the next presser.

Sometimes things just aren't perceived the way they are intended.

Not a great look. Just win and all is forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Rock View Post
    I agree screw the liberal media.

I am sure someone is going to say this is stupid, but I would like to sponsor a player any player pay the $50, let my kids meet him and then my kids will want to pay attention to the game more and follow him, thence allowing me to stay a little longer at the games.
    Let the kids take a tour of the looker room/ facilities, etc. with said player.
    Just a suggestion probably some stupid ncaa rule against it.
    Its a great idea IMO. Get the youngsters on board

9. Default Re: Napier makes the National News

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
    How so?

When it comes to any possible negative spin, this is a "Nothing Burger"

At worst it pulls the prebuilt hate crew from out of the baseboards.

10. Default Re: Napier makes the National News

The true story? Or the story everyone read? This is so f'n ridiculousand people wonder why nobody has any accountability. If you are looking for the bad or negative in every situation you can find it. I'll pledge a $1000 in the players names to help double THEIR contributions. This staff and this team are trying to do something good and positive. Leave it to the media and masses to try to ruin it. It's sad that people want to find the negative in this. I hope the staff and team sends out a big 🖕🏼 to everyone who has an issue with what THEY decided to do.
    What a fab idea.so how do we get a match the playersl' "EXTRA FUND"???.btw, what Is the stipend amount for the players?

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    He just seems to be relishing in insulting us Where does he work?
    Maybe do a little research bro before throwing the cat under the bus.

This was a bad look from the get-go. Best thing the program could do now is drop it.

Look, this is a great idea, but it is all in the implementation and trust. To me, this is a statement of trust and faith in both Coach Napier and Dr Maggard by the football players. I couldn't care less what outsiders think, this is great for the cULture.

I also believe this will be an outstanding recruiting tool for us. This is in the same vein as Coach Robe molding men, husbands and fathers. If this becomes the motto of our athletic department molding you men and women into men, women, husbands, wives, fathers and mothers we are GOOD TO GEAUX !!

Quote Originally Posted by AirBill View Post
    This was a bad look from the get-go. Best thing the program could do now is drop it.
    No actually the best thing they can do is not give a ___ what it looks like and stand behind what they believe in. This country is going to ___ because people back down on what they believe in because of what the media makes things look like. Phk that

two silver linings.a. the four letter didnt call us “at Lafayette” and b. i hadnt realized the price dropped to 50 bucksi signed up again! better to have more members at the lower price i think. i might even go as low as 30. the big boys will give what they give regardless, we will get way more at 50 than at 100

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread Information