Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Napier makes the National News

Default Re: Napier makes the National News

How this is a story, positive or negative, is beyond me. Although anything the media gets a hold of will show up on social media. When that happens, the morons will do nothing but pollute it.

It will be a non story on Monday. Just a lesson learned.

PR people, like them or not, are a ballooning necessity for any business, person, institution or other entity that makes public statements. You basically can’t say anything anymore without someone taking it and spinning it any which way they’d like. It’s sick.

Keep doing your thing, Nap. Most of us are behind you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gueydanmike1969 View Post
    I think it's a great idea, simply put. Screw anyone and everything who speaks, criticizes or ostracizes us for implementing it. Excuse me for my bluntness. I'm getting old, but not as old as Boomer!
    I approve this message.

Screw the national media! In honor of TJ Wisham earning a scholarship and his willingness to donate the $50, I added a $50 donation to my RCAF account to match his.

Taught TJ in middle school. Good kid.

5. Default Re: Napier makes the National News

Quote Originally Posted by Gueydanmike1969 View Post
    . . . I'm getting old, but not as old as Boomer!
    Hitting below the belt. You know Boomer can’t respond to this on post 20,000 🤔

6. Default Re: Napier makes the National News

Other schools will follow. Mark my word.

7. Default Re: Napier makes the National News

.....I would love to see all scholarship kids in all sports chip in and do it with pride because.....It it their school!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Hitting below the belt. You know Boomer can’t respond to this on post 20,000 🤔

Let us not forget this day. For it was on this day we finally became the University of Louisiana. Never could have imagined this is what it took.

Quote Originally Posted by ultracajun View Post
    Let us not forget this day. For it was on this day we finally became the University of Louisiana. Never could have imagined this is what it took.
    Yes sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ........What a fab idea.....so how do we get a match the playersl' "EXTRA FUND"???.....btw, what Is the stipend amount for the players?
    You used this as your 20,000th post? REALLY Boom?????

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    You used this as your 20,000th post? REALLY Boom?????
    IKR. Waiting all day for that epic post and we get a dud.

The coaches should lead by example with each donating at least $1000 to RCAF with Napier a pinnacle amount - that would say a lot to the players.

The bigger problem at UL is not with the student followers, but with the institutions leaders.

You rarely here of donations from the highly paid coaches or administrators on the academic side.

There are already plenty of examples elsewhere of that in college sports and academics.

Oiler's Avatar Oiler is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

In my humble opinion, Napier's intentions may have been noble, but there is no doubt that this move backfired on both he and the university itself.

Football coaches should coach football, period. They aren't responsible for teaching life lessons. They should stick to teaching proper tackling techniques, route patterns, throwing mechanics, etc. Politics in any form has no place in any sport.

The only "right" things football players should worry about doing are putting 100% effort into how they play and practice, obeying the law, and following the university's rules.

Appears to me that he corrected himself,

"I know it came across nationally that maybe it was a mandatory (or) required experience. Maybe I misspoke in the way I presented it, and that's my fault."

Quality person, and we're more than lucky to have him here

Quote Originally Posted by USL1970 View Post
    The coaches should lead by example with each donating at least $1000 to RCAF with Napier a pinnacle amount - that would say a lot to the players.

The bigger problem at UL is not with the student followers, but with the institutions leaders.

You rarely here of donations from the highly paid coaches or administrators on the academic side.

There are already plenty of examples elsewhere of that in college sports and academics.
    I’ve seen most of our coaches listed on the RCAF members rolls. They have skin in the game.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread Information