Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Will 8-4 Be A Disappointment?

1. Default Re: Will 8-4 Be A Disappointment?

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    I’m not sure we are good enough yet to beat app state twice in one year. If we gonna split, this is how you want to
    Split the series. Might be a blessing in disguise. Might have been better going into next week as well. Win the west and get to Dec 7th.
    This has been my line of thinking since Wed night Kept me off the ledge at least

Default Re: Will 8-4 Be A Disappointment?

Yep. Beat 'em when it counts! Six games left before that, though. ONE GAME AT A TIME!!

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    Yep. Beat 'em when it counts! Six games left before that, though. ONE GAME AT A TIME!!
    Yup. Sometimes a kick in the nuts is a good refocus moment. Let's beat arky state a÷^. I detest those bastards ever since they chopped blocked us and tried to hurt our men.

We win out. 10-2. Get app in the title game and exact our revenge. Play in the New Orleans bowl this year and then prepare for top 25 greatness next year. Hot take I know, but I see it coming. It’s time.

5. Default Re: Will 8-4 Be A Disappointment?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajunArmy View Post
    We win out. 10-2. Get app in the title game and exact our revenge. Play in the New Orleans bowl this year and then prepare for top 25 greatness next year. Hot take I know, but I see it coming. It’s time.
    I read several times that Coach Stokley goal was to be in the top fifty on a regular basis.

The Fossil killed that dream, and told Robe to curb his enthusiasm about getting back to CWS.

That Fossil comment got a young intern fired. Maybe that was a blessing in disguise for her. Learn to keep your information secure.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    IMHO, the only team left on our schedule that can beat us if we play a clean game and execute is App St. The rest of the SBC won’t beat us unless we play poorly.

We got beat Wednesday night because they are better at QB and we didn’t stick to what we do best. App played keep away, they ran the ball 53 times to keep their defense off the field. We get 2 more stops we win. I know the refs hosed is out of 2, but we needed to be better on containing Thomas.

Disagree. We got beat because we couldn’t score. We will not win another game this year if we only score 7 points. Thomas made a few plays but there’s no reason we can’t score on 1st and goal from the 2. Defense played lights out with the exception of maybe 4 scrambles by Thomas and a couple of blown coverages.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I read several times that Coach Stokley goal was to be in the top fifty on a regular basis.

The Fossil killed that dream, and told Robe to curb his enthusiasm about getting back to CWS.

That Fossil comment got a young intern fired. Maybe that was a blessing in disguise for her. Learn to keep your information secure.
    I can vouch for the football part of your statement.

8 and 4 would be an improvement but I have to admit that I would be disappointed if we didn't make the championship game after doing it last season.

9-3, win the west finish 11-3 with SBC championship and Nola bowl victory is my prediction

We need to make sure we go 1-0 this upcoming week. Cant let this weeks loss beat us again next week. Thats what we need to do. Then go 1-0 the following week.

No.

Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    We will not win another game this year if we only score 7 points.
    Sure we can. 7>6, 7>5 (interesting game), 7>4 (whoa! How'd that happen?), 7>3, 7>2, and 7>0.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    I’m not sure we are good enough yet to beat app state twice in one year. If we gonna split, this is how you want to
    Split the series. Might be a blessing in disguise. Might have been better going into next week as well. Win the west and get to Dec 7th.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan3406 View Post
    Sure we can. 7>6, 7>5 (interesting game), 7>4 (whoa! How'd that happen?), 7>3, 7>2, and 7>0.
    Go back and read again.

Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    Go back and read again.
    Just did, and your point? You said we wouldn't win another game if we only score 7 points, and I pointed out that the statement was incorrect my showing you score scenarios where we win if we only score 7. The comment was sort of tongue-in-cheekR-E-L-A-X. I get what you were trying to say, but it would have been better said as maybe "we would be very unlikely to win if we only score 7."

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information