Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Will 8-4 Be A Disappointment?

1. Default Re: Will 8-4 Be A Disappointment?

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Again, with your own admission you stated that we have no way of knowing. You want to know what Broadway did do? He threw for a 65% pass completion percentage (higher than Gautier) and he ran for nearly 900 yards. HE was the reason the offense was so much more balanced the next year and we averaged nearly 60 yards more per game than in 2011. 2012 and 2008 were our two most explosive offenses that I remember. Again, you can claim there would have been some learning curve for Broadway. I'm not as confident in that as he had spent time at UH and in a system similar to ours. You can assume the rest.
    Those 13 (early on) Broadway interceptions could easily wipe out 800 yards of offense. I haven't/won't run the numbers as to where on the field they occured, but I do know for a fact it killed 13 of his drives.

13 killed drives (as opposed to Gautier's 6) would have prevented UL from getting to 6 regular season wins in 2011.

Mustering 8-wins was an absolute feat.

Default Re: Will 8-4 Be A Disappointment?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Those 13 (early on) Broadway interceptions could easily wipe out 800 yards of offense. I haven't/won't run the numbers as to where on the field they occured, but I do know for a fact it killed 13 of his drives.

13 killed drives (as opposed to Gautier's 6) would have prevented UL from getting to 6 regular season wins in 2011.

13? He threw 9 all of 2012. How early on are you talking. Seriously?

3. Default Re: Will 8-4 Be A Disappointment?

13? He threw 9 all of 2012. How early on are you talking. Seriously?
    Already mentioned. First 400 & a quarter passes for both quarterbacks.

Obviously they each straddle different seasons, but it gives a crystal clear picture of each QB as the main cog.

One had slightly better yards but gave the ball back with no improvement in the first half of year two. As a solo artist he wouldn't have won 6 reg games in 2011.

Obviously they each straddle different seasons, but it gives a crystal clear picture of each QB as the main cog.

One had slightly better yards but gave the ball back with no improvement in the first half of year two. As a solo artist he wouldn't have won 6 reg games in 2011.
    Wowhey man, how much weed do you smoke?

But you said that he threw the interceptions "early" which he obviously did not. You tried to make it sound like he threw the interceptions in one clump of time that would have ruined games thus making your argument. This was not the case.

Y'all better stop arguing with him because he will lock the thread down so no one can comment on it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Y'all better stop arguing with him because he will lock the thread down so no one can comment on it anymore.
    At this point, it would probably be best if he did.LOL. We went from projecting records to Broadway versus Gautier.

At this point, it would probably be best if he did.LOL. We went from projecting records to Broadway versus Gautier.
    We beat Kentuck if Jalen Nixon plays the whole game .

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    We beat Kentuck if Jalen Nixon plays the whole game .
    Yes but we were terrible at QB that year.

10. Default Re: Will 8-4 Be A Disappointment?

But you said that he threw the interceptions "early" which he obviously did not. You tried to make it sound like he threw the interceptions in one clump of time that would have ruined games thus making your argument. This was not the case.
    I gave you the numbers through his first 400 something passes (for equal comparison purposes only). By default that only includes his early season #2 numbers.

I gave you the numbers through his first 400 something passes (for equal comparison purposes only). By default that only includes his early season #2 numbers.
    So you took numbers over a 2 season period to suggest that he couldn't have come in 2011 and played well? You need to just admit that you misspoke. You said he threw ALL of his interceptions early in those 400 attempts before he settled in which we now know is wrong. Plus you are using ONE stat that is already shown to be flawed rather than looking at the additional stats we brought to you to show that he proved he could run a prolific offense.

12. Default Re: Will 8-4 Be A Disappointment?

So you took numbers over a 2 season period to suggest that he couldn't have come in 2011 and played well? You need to just admit that you misspoke. You said he threw ALL of his interceptions early in those 400 attempts before he settled in which we now know is wrong. Plus you are using ONE stat that is already shown to be flawed rather than looking at the additional stats we brought to you to show that he proved he could run a prolific offense.
    No what I said was
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    . with a full year of being an understudy in the system Broadway was still extremely slow out the 2012 gate in part time duty.

In Broadway's first 7 games he had 5 interceptions in a 102 pass stretch . before getting untracked.

That kind of early play would have cost UL a bowl slot.
    The early 2013 numbers were to give a full body comparison.

6 interceptions for Gautier vs 14 for Broadway, each through 400+ passes.

ps a prolific offense that gives the ball back is misleading.

13. Default Re: Will 8-4 Be A Disappointment?

Bottom line, the 2011 T.B. could not have done what B.G. did.

Basically Blaine was the perfect QB at the perfect time.

Terrance needed to develop, he needed his "sit out" year to grow.

In his third year of being in the Hud "system" he threw twice as many interceptions as Gautier did in his entire Hud career.

Only point is, 8-4 is special, and should never be disappointing in a transition period.

And you said those 13 (early) interceptions would wipe out any running yards he provided. They weren't early interceptions as I mentioned. He only threw 9 in the first year. BTW, he also provided us 9 running touchdowns that year as well. That's 9 drives he finished with his legs and there is no reason to suggest he couldn't have done it in 2011. I can't believe we are arguing about this.

Bottom line, the 2011 T.B. could not have done what B.G. did.

Basically Blaine was the perfect QB at the perfect time.

Terrance needed to develop, he needed his "sit out" year to grow.

In his third year of being in the Hud "system" he threw twice as many interceptions as Gautier did in his entire Hud career.

Only point is, 8-4 is special, and should never be disappointing in a transition period.
    It is quite obvious that Broadway's career trajectory went in reverse. He was better in his early years. Injury amongst other things was the primary reason. However, going back to your original point in that Broadway would have not been able to get us to a bowl in his first year. 2011 was right about the time the bowl landscape changed and more and more 6 win teams were getting in. I have no doubt we would have gotten a bowl bid at 6 wins and I like our chances of the invite coming from NOLA. So I do not buy, based on Broadway's first two years, that he couldn't have led us to 6 wins in 2011. He was by all accounts a good leader and respected amongst his teammates and he could run the ball which is a great neutralizer for many pass deficiencies he may have had. Sorry, not buying.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information