Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread: Will 8-4 Be A Disappointment?

Default Re: Will 8-4 Be A Disappointment?

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Anything over 7 win would be over achieving IMO
    We'll be better than winning one more game than last year.11 wins, UL plays in and wins Belt Championship along with NOLA Bowlfinish with votes in both AP and USA polls

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Tough schedule and a ton of question marks we are still a work in progress
    In some ways, I think we have less questions than last year. I think the D will be better although there is still some concern there but we played D a lot better in the second half of the season so I'm encouraged. We still play in the SBC. Every game is winnable . I've got no idea what to predict for our record but I would think we could win 7-8 games.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    In some ways, I think we have less questions than last year. I think the D will be better although there is still some concern there but we played D a lot better in the second half of the season so I'm encouraged. We still play in the SBC. Every game is winnable . I've got no idea what to predict for our record but I would think we could win 7-8 games.
    We will be a better team this year no questions but will the record show that Im not sure we definitely need some lucky bounces

4. Default Re: Will 8-4 Be A Disappointment?

Beat Miss St

We won 7 regular season games last year. Blew the coastal game and sucked it up in the first half against Troy. This could be a very special season and I’m planning on being at Cajun field for the sun belt championship

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    It also depends on the post season whether an 8-4 regular season is a disappointment. If we end with a 2 game losing streak like last year, it will be more of the same. I am hoping for at least 1-2 wins in post season to determine success.
    Losing the last two last year was disappointing but getting to those last two was still an achievement.

Those first few games will tell the tale for the season. Show we can compete against cowbell State, beat a good Liberty team that beat Troy last year, beat Ohio, and show that we can beat a Coastal Carolina team that we never should've lost to last year!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    Losing the last two last year was disappointing but getting to those last two was still an achievement.
    I understand last year’s achievement, but the question is about 2019. I fully expect to win 1 or 2 in post season. It will be a “disappointment” if last year’s results are repeated.

We have a 4 game stretch vs teams that went 38-14 in 2018 . 3 of which will be on the road that is a brutal ride

ONE WEEK AT A TIME .

11. Default Re: Will 8-4 Be A Disappointment?

Quote Originally Posted by tank View Post
    ONE WEEK AT A TIME .
    Exactly.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Beat Miss St
    This right here.

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    We will be underdogs in five of our first seven games.

Mississippi State, at Ohio, at Georgia Southern, App State, at Arkansas State

And Liberty won't be a walk in the park.
    Liberty is never cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    We will be underdogs in five of our first seven games.

Mississippi State, at Ohio, at Georgia Southern, App State, at Arkansas State

And Liberty won't be a walk in the park.
    And if not for a yacked PAT by ULM, we may have been sitting home in December. I'm still in the show me something mode.

TTMW is correct. Many are looking at Ohio as an auto win. It won't be.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Beat Miss St
    Agree with this. I think we have a chance with this being game 1. That being said lofty goals are a year away. I think 7-5 to 8-4 should be a good goal and a good season. Another big recruiting class and watch out next year

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread Information