Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Conference Basketball Schedule Released

Default Conference Basketball Schedule Released

The non league schedule is complete but waiting on one contract to be returned before releasing it. Here's the league schedule

https://espn1420.com/cajuns-sun-belt.dule-released/

Default Re: Conference Basketball Schedule Released

Any idea why the Arkansas games are like that (one home/one road)?

Everyone in the league is playing one split series this year. But I have no idea what's behind it.

Wonder when the OCS will drop or they waiting until season ticket renewals are finished

At least when we have the split, we play Wed/Sat instead of Thu/Sat. So you get the extra travel day.

Also strange those are the only two Wednesday night games on the entire league calendar.

I'm really disappointed to see that they abandoned pod scheduling. I guess they were fine with our top schools getting murdered in the RPI by the bottom feeders.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    I'm really disappointed to see that they abandoned pod scheduling. I guess they were fine with our top schools getting murdered in the RPI by the bottom feeders.
    The dumping of the pod scheduling was the right thing to do. The pod had to do with manipulating the RPI, which is no longer used. They want to see the effect of the NET before going on with it.

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    At least when we have the split, we play Wed/Sat instead of Thu/Sat. So you get the extra travel day.

Also strange those are the only two Wednesday night games on the entire league calendar.
    That was done by UL in agreement with LR and ASt. The schools decided that was the best thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Wonder when the OCS will drop or they waiting until season ticket renewals are finished
    I said above they are waiting for one more contract to be returned.

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    Everyone in the league is playing one split series this year. But I have no idea what's behind it.
    Weird

Wow looks like they will be on the road for a full week with a Saturday home game followed by Monday at App St. then the Georgia schools on Thursday/Saturday. At least that will be before the semester starts.

I reviewed the conference schedule and noted we play 9 teams twice and 2 teams once. Ark. State and Coastal Carolina are the two teams we play once. One favorable thing is we are on the road the two weekends before Mardi Gras. Jay discussed this on his show a little while ago. Regarding the non conference schedule, his comment was the same as his post here. He has an idea of the non conference schedule but cannot comment on it. He did say we will have a total of 15 home games, 14 road games, and 2 neutral court games. He also said the season starts on Tuesday Nov. 5. No idea if that is a road or home game. While he cannot comment further, I can make some guesses. I bet we play McNeese and SLU at home while we go to LA Tech and Arizona State. The state games are simply opposite of where we played last year while I remember hearing about Arizona State a few months ago. I also recall hearing UNO has absolutely no interest in renewing the series. If we do play them, someone is forcing their coach to schedule us. I bet we have reduced the non D1 games to one. My basis for that is the AD stated that was his goal at the Evangeline Downs function a few weeks ago. Note he could not guarantee that would occur however. Note, my comments about the non conference games are simply my guesses. I have no inside knowledge so don't take them as fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I reviewed the conference schedule and noted we play 9 teams twice and 2 teams once. Ark. State and Coastal Carolina are the two teams we play once. One favorable thing is we are on the road the two weekends before Mardi Gras. Jay discussed this on his show a little while ago. Regarding the non conference schedule, his comment was the same as his post here. He has an idea of the non conference schedule but cannot comment on it. He did say we will have a total of 15 home games, 14 road games, and 2 neutral court games. He also said the season starts on Tuesday Nov. 5. No idea if that is a road or home game. While he cannot comment further, I can make some guesses. I bet we play McNeese and SLU at home while we go to LA Tech and Arizona State. The state games are simply opposite of where we played last year while I remember hearing about Arizona State a few months ago. I also recall hearing UNO has absolutely no interest in renewing the series. If we do play them, someone is forcing their coach to schedule us. I bet we have reduced the non D1 games to one. My basis for that is the AD stated that was his goal at the Evangeline Downs function a few weeks ago. Note he could not guarantee that would occur however. Note, my comments about the non conference games are simply my guesses. I have no inside knowledge so don't take them as fact.
    I will take Southland schools over Swac anyday

The dumping of the pod scheduling was the right thing to do. The pod had to do with manipulating the RPI, which is no longer used. They want to see the effect of the NET before going on with it.
    Well I’m at least glad to hear they didn’t get rid of it because they didn’t want the hassle or something stupid like that.

With that said, I know we don’t know the exact formula, but we do know that strength of schedule is the most dominant component of the NET. So although the rating itself changed, the importance of playing quality opponents didn’t really change.

I don’t see what we had to lose by trying it.

15. Default Re: Conference Basketball Schedule Released

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    Well I’m at least glad to hear they didn’t get rid of it because they didn’t want the hassle or something stupid like that.

With that said, I know we don’t know the exact formula, but we do know that strength of schedule is the most dominant component of the NET. So although the rating itself changed, the importance of playing quality opponents didn’t really change.

I don’t see what we had to lose by trying it.
    Exactly. Don’t expect anything different, or at least more challenging with the non conference schedule. Bobby always has a nice excuse, nobody wants to play us so we do the best we can and still have some home games.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information