Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Conference Basketball Schedule Released

Default Re: Conference Basketball Schedule Released

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Exactly. Don’t expect anything different, or at least more challenging with the non conference schedule. Bobby always has a nice excuse, nobody wants to play us so we do the best we can and still have some home games.
    Shows you how little the Basketball coaches want to advance the sunbelt happy being bottom feeders

2. Default Re: Conference Basketball Schedule Released

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Shows you how little the Basketball coaches want to advance the sunbelt happy being bottom feeders
    In coaching circles RESUME' is short for "record summarized" the opponents are irrelevant.

If the record summarization passes, they are allowed to resume their career.

Exactly. Don’t expect anything different, or at least more challenging with the non conference schedule. Bobby always has a nice excuse, nobody wants to play us so we do the best we can and still have some home games.
    There you go again.

Well supposedly Maggard is in charge of the Schedule now so I’m sure you’ll be happy with the schedule when it comes out (even though it will inevitably look about the same as every other year.)

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    There you go again.

Well supposedly Maggard is in charge of the Schedule now so I'm sure you'll be happy with the schedule when it comes out (even though it will inevitably look about the same as every other year.)
    I haven't heard that, what Maggard did say to us in his first AD meeting was he will be involved in the process going forward. He handles football scheduling full time because he didn't trust anyone else to do it. Those were his words concerning both program's scheduling process.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    In coaching circles RESUME' is short for "record summarized" the opponents are irrelevant.

If the record summarization passes, they are allowed to resume their career.
    Correct and their bonuses reflect that so why make it harder on yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I reviewed the conference schedule and noted we play 9 teams twice and 2 teams once. Ark. State and Coastal Carolina are the two teams we play once. One favorable thing is we are on the road the two weekends before Mardi Gras. Jay discussed this on his show a little while ago. Regarding the non conference schedule, his comment was the same as his post here. He has an idea of the non conference schedule but cannot comment on it. He did say we will have a total of 15 home games, 14 road games, and 2 neutral court games. He also said the season starts on Tuesday Nov. 5. No idea if that is a road or home game. While he cannot comment further, I can make some guesses. I bet we play McNeese and SLU at home while we go to LA Tech and Arizona State. The state games are simply opposite of where we played last year while I remember hearing about Arizona State a few months ago. I also recall hearing UNO has absolutely no interest in renewing the series. If we do play them, someone is forcing their coach to schedule us. I bet we have reduced the non D1 games to one. My basis for that is the AD stated that was his goal at the Evangeline Downs function a few weeks ago. Note he could not guarantee that would occur however. Note, my comments about the non conference games are simply my guesses. I have no inside knowledge so don't take them as fact.
    We play Coastal and App State once. We play Arky State twice.

I will say this about the home schedule. There are two teams on it that are much different from what we are used to at home.

So it's not the usual suspects.

7. Default Re: Conference Basketball Schedule Released

There you go again.

Well supposedly Maggard is in charge of the Schedule now so I’m sure you’ll be happy with the schedule when it comes out (even though it will inevitably look about the same as every other year.)
    I’m gonna say nine years is a pretty good indicator of how Marlin schedules. So yeah, there I go again, but have heard it’s much better than the past so hopefully things are changing. Still have one none division one game, but much better teams overall. Still some of the games aren’t signed so far.

I’m gonna say nine years is a pretty good indicator of how Marlin schedules. So yeah, there I go again, but have heard it’s much better than the past so hopefully things are changing. Still have one none division one game, but much better teams overall. Still some of the games aren’t signed so far.
    All are signed except one and they expect the contract within the next few days.

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    All are signed except one and they expect the contract within the next few days.
    One of the dog killers has stated that we will play Ltur in Ruston on 12/14.

Both of those are correct. We also have road games at Wyoming and TCU as part of the MTE event.

Waiting on that Incarnate World contract to come via fax?

Only Southland schools we play are McNeese and Southeastern. Final year of both contracts. I have heard McNeese will not be renewing the series.

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    Both of those are correct. We also have road games at Wyoming and TCU as part of the MTE event.
    Do we know if either of these are part of a series, or only for this season?

ooh LA La. Re: Conference Basketball Schedule Released

Well I'm at least glad to hear they didn't get rid of it because they didn't want the hassle or something stupid like that.

With that said, I know we don't know the exact formula, but we do know that strength of schedule is the most dominant component of the NET. So although the rating itself changed, the importance of playing quality opponents didn't really change.

I don't see what we had to lose by trying it.
    CUSA tried it last year and did not feel it provided benefits. Biggest problem is not being able to set travel schedule for the last 4 games without more than a week’s planning. It was a good move by the league to go to 20 league games. Gives everyone 10 home games to start with. Also, the conference schedule format protects higher seeds.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information