Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6

Thread: Louisiana, Napier Agree to Contract Extension

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Just as an FYI, Coach told us today that he is taking no increase in pay for himself with the extension. The extension does guarantee pay increases for his staff and full funding to fill all positions needed on staff. Good move on his part. We have something special here.
    Got to love that staff Naps is awesome and a great leader.

2. Default Re: Louisiana, Napier Agree to Contract Extension

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Out of all the P5 jobs that may be available in the relatively near future, 3-5 years. None of them are better than UNC. Huge recruiting base, low pressure school in a P5 who can make the CFP every year with an ACC championship. UNC has the most upside in the P5 as a football school.

I’m not saying that Napier is looking, not at all. But when people start throwing jobs out there, UNC will be the best one available, when Mack Brown retires.
    The last time UNC hired a successful G5 coach was USM I believe, and that was a dud

Default Re: Louisiana, Napier Agree to Contract Extension

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Just as an FYI, Coach told us today that he is taking no increase in pay for himself with the extension. The extension does guarantee pay increases for his staff and full funding to fill all positions needed on staff. Good move on his part. We have something special here.
    That is amazingand truly the mark of a great leader.

Default Re: Napier Extension in the Works

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Ever hear of Mazlow's hierarchy of needs? Everyone's pyramid is uniquely their own. Not everyone is totally driven by money.
    Not saying that this applies to our staff or anyone on it, but think about this: Napier is making great money in absolute terms, the rest of our coaches are also pretty well compensated. If they all stay here 15 years, they could possibly build a real legacy, make plenty of money and not have half the pressure they would have at Tennessee or South Carolina. All while living in a great area and not uprooting their families every two years for an extra buck.
    It is a very good point and I think it is something that many people are looking at in this day and age. It isn't just coaches. Climbing the ladder isn't what it used to be; just ask anyone in human resources. From comments I've heard, including his desire to make sure he can staff correctly, it leads me to believe he is thinking long term. That isn't to say he might not move on one day but at least for now his focus is here.

Personally I just don't see him making a move to another school unless he thinks it comes with an honest shot at an NC.

Chris Peterson was head coach at Boise 7 years (mostly in the WAC) before leaving for Washington. He certainly could have written his ticket to a P5 earlier. All we can do is make sure Coach knows he's appreciated and supported. Gonna just enjoy watching Coach Napier build up the program.

I know it’s not the norm but Gary Patterson has been at TCU for 19 years and brought them through cusa, mwc and big 12. Frank solich has been at Ohio for 14 years after being on the big stage. I do think with the wage gap not nearly as wide as it used to be between most p5 and top g5.it’s worth considering staying put. Not long ago g5 coaches were making 250-300.they make great money now. Build a programin the words of Robe” work the job you have, not to get the next one”

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6

Thread Information