Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana, Napier Agree to Contract Extension

Default Re: Napier Extension in the Works

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    History says he'll have to put together at least two, maybe three special seasons to get a P5 job. That was the case with Satterfield and Neal Brown. I expect it to be the same with Napier.
    Not only that, those special seasons will require more than one victory over a P5 school and conference championships to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Not only that, those special seasons will require more than one victory over a P5 school and conference championships to boot.
    I think ADs are smart enough to look deeper than that. P5 wins, and even conference championships, come down to a little bit of skill and a little bit of luck. They just aren’t a good measuring stick for a good coach. Bustle beat a P5. ULM‘s coach beat a P5 twice. It doesn’t mean they were great coaches.

If you are in any way close to this program you know that Napier is a cut above any other coach we’ve had here and so is the team he has put together here. I promise you ADs know who he is by now and he is definitely on their radar.

3. Default Re: Napier Extension in the Works

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    I think ADs are smart enough to look deeper than that. P5 wins, and even conference championships, come down to a little bit of skill and a little bit of luck. They just aren’t a good measuring stick for a good coach. Bustle beat a P5. ULM‘s coach beat a P5 twice. It doesn’t mean they were great coaches.

If you are in any way close to this program you know that Napier is a cut above any other coach we’ve had here and so is the team he has put together here. I promise you ADs know who he is by now and he is definitely on their radar.
    ✔️

Default Re: Napier Extension in the Works

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post

I talk to Coach Napier every Thursday at the QB Club meetings. Appreciate the honesty he shows in answering my questions.

5. Default Re: Napier Extension in the Works

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Ever hear of Mazlow's hierarchy of needs? Everyone's pyramid is uniquely their own. Not everyone is totally driven by money.
    Not saying that this applies to our staff or anyone on it, but think about this: Napier is making great money in absolute terms, the rest of our coaches are also pretty well compensated. If they all stay here 15 years, they could possibly build a real legacy, make plenty of money and not have half the pressure they would have at Tennessee or South Carolina. All while living in a great area and not uprooting their families every two years for an extra buck.
    I think at this point your analysis has as much of a chance of being spot on over the next 3 to 5 years as any other. If as good as expected after 1 1/2 years, he can wait for the right job where he can win and make it his last move.

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    History says he'll have to put together at least two, maybe three special seasons to get a P5 job. That was the case with Satterfield and Neal Brown. I expect it to be the same with Napier.
    I am in agreement with you. Mack Brown will be ready to retire again in 4 years, Napier will have us rolling next year and beyond.

If Napier leaves for a P5 UNC is who I’m concerned about.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Relax people, Napier is not going anywhere soon. I do like Napier and he is doing a great job, so far.
    You all do realize, we have not beat anyone of any significance yet, right? Maybe we can beat App St this next game, then that will be the first (of many I hope). He has a long way to go. Just enjoy our journey.
    If you beat 85% of the teams on the schedule it doesn’t matter who we beat. String together 3 or 4 10 win seasons, dominate the schedule and no one will care.

8. Default Re: Louisiana, Napier Agree to Contract Extension

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    I am in agreement with you. Mack Brown will be ready to retire again in 4 years, Napier will have us rolling next year and beyond.

If Napier leaves for a P5 UNC is who I’m concerned about.
    Another crystal ball.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Another crystal ball.
    Out of all the P5 jobs that may be available in the relatively near future, 3-5 years. None of them are better than UNC. Huge recruiting base, low pressure school in a P5 who can make the CFP every year with an ACC championship. UNC has the most upside in the P5 as a football school.

I’m not saying that Napier is looking, not at all. But when people start throwing jobs out there, UNC will be the best one available, when Mack Brown retires.

Ever hear of Mazlow's hierarchy of needs? Everyone's pyramid is uniquely their own. Not everyone is totally driven by money.
    Not saying that this applies to our staff or anyone on it, but think about this: Napier is making great money in absolute terms, the rest of our coaches are also pretty well compensated. If they all stay here 15 years, they could possibly build a real legacy, make plenty of money and not have half the pressure they would have at Tennessee or South Carolina. All while living in a great area and not uprooting their families every two years for an extra buck.
    Every high school graduate has heard of Maslows hierarchy of needs. I expect he will progress to the self actualization stage quite swiftly. His goal is to win national championships at a major school. To think different is naive. Hope he wins out and we retain him. Doubt he stays if we have that kind of season.

Default Re: Louisiana, Napier Agree to Contract Extension

Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    Every high school graduate has heard of Maslows hierarchy of needs. I expect he will progress to the self actualization stage quite swiftly. His goal is to win national championships at a major school. To think different is naive. Hope he wins out and we retain him. Doubt he stays if we have that kind of season.
    My point is that no one, maybe not even Napier, knows where his self-actualization will be found. Therefore, to concern ourselves over whether it includes the Cajuns is pointless.

Default Re: Louisiana, Napier Agree to Contract Extension

Worrying has never changed the outcome of anythingever.

13. Default Re: Louisiana, Napier Agree to Contract Extension

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Worrying has never changed the outcome of anythingever.
    Except, in some instances, the outcome of he who worries.

My point is that no one, maybe not even Napier, knows where his self-actualization will be found. Therefore, to concern ourselves over whether it includes the Cajuns is pointless.
    Agree. I’m just enjoying the ride this year. A long way left to go.

Just as an FYI, Coach told us today that he is taking no increase in pay for himself with the extension. The extension does guarantee pay increases for his staff and full funding to fill all positions needed on staff. Good move on his part. We have something special here.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information