Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana, Napier Agree to Contract Extension

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Yes he will turn down something like a Tulane offer. Rob Sale turned down the OL position at Alabama to stay here. Coach has said at QB Club meetings most of his staff is tired of moving around and wanted to stay put for awhile. Besides he thinks we can be a Boise or UCF here in time.
    Well that may be open bc Fritz is doing a damn good job. He would double his salary and be in a better conference. I’d bet my house that Nap would not turn that down. You have to strike while the irons hot in his profession.

2. Default Re: Napier Extension in the Works

All I know is that NOBODY knows. That is a fact JACK.

3. Default Re: Louisiana, Napier Agree to Contract Extension

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Well as long as we beat Troy next Wednesday I'll be ok.
    Eaux Eaux, you must be mixed up.

4. Default Re: Louisiana, Napier Agree to Contract Extension

Um, I must have been "distracted" ?

Contract extensions before the biggest game of the year divert my attention from the real opponent.

Default Re: Louisiana, Napier Agree to Contract Extension

This contract extension was approved at the ULS meeting back in August. So this contract extension has been done for a while now.

Default Re: Napier Extension in the Works

Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    Well that may be open bc Fritz is doing a damn good job. He would double his salary and be in a better conference. I’d bet my house that Nap would not turn that down. You have to strike while the irons hot in his profession.
    Ever hear of Mazlow's hierarchy of needs? Everyone's pyramid is uniquely their own. Not everyone is totally driven by money.
    Not saying that this applies to our staff or anyone on it, but think about this: Napier is making great money in absolute terms, the rest of our coaches are also pretty well compensated. If they all stay here 15 years, they could possibly build a real legacy, make plenty of money and not have half the pressure they would have at Tennessee or South Carolina. All while living in a great area and not uprooting their families every two years for an extra buck.

7. Default Re: Louisiana, Napier Agree to Contract Extension

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    This contract extension was approved at the ULS meeting back in August. So this contract extension has been done for a while now.
    It's not a publicity stunt but there must be some hidden value in exposing the deal this week.

It's not a publicity stunt but there must be some hidden value in exposing the deal this week.
    Off week perhaps?

Keeps positive news flowing in a week where we don't have a Saturday game to talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    I'd prefer to beat App State next Wednesday.
    Are we playing a double header?

I suspect that this is about recruiting. A player would like to think the coach will be there for his entire career before he signs. In reality, that may not be the case but I think that is the purpose of the announcement during the season, especially with the early signing date in mind.

History says he'll have to put together at least two, maybe three special seasons to get a P5 job. That was the case with Satterfield and Neal Brown. I expect it to be the same with Napier.
    I agree with this and I think it is futile to rue about the possibility of losing the coach. Some of us are at the point in our life where we live in the moment. It is kind of funny to think about all of the people who were worried about this early in the HUD era.

I'd prefer to beat App State next Wednesday.
    I mean.if our boys decide to dispose of both on Wednesday, I won’t be disappointment.

Relax people, Napier is not going anywhere soon. I do like Napier and he is doing a great job, so far.
    You all do realize, we have not beat anyone of any significance yet, right? Maybe we can beat App St this next game, then that will be the first (of many I hope). He has a long way to go. Just enjoy our journey.

Some of you guys are trippin.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information