Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana, Napier Agree to Contract Extension

Default Re: Napier Extension in the Works

If all of you can read the future so well, how many of you have won the lottery? Speculating on this stuff is pointless. So many things have to happen. He could win 8 games and be gonehe could win 11-12 games a year and stay a while. He isn’t the only good young coach, there needs to be openings. He needs to fit, the school needs to fit. I also don’t think billy is the type to go just to go. He will go somewhere he can win and win big. Timing of things like that is just as big as anything. Neal Brown would still be at Troy if Houstons sugar daddy didn’t want holgersen and throw the bank at him last minute

I personally think our chances of having Nap here next season are 50-50. He won’t turn down an offer like Hud did to Tulane. I think if a school from a better conference offers, he will be gone. That’s contingent on him winning 10 games this year, which I think is a strong possibility.

Default Re: Louisiana, Napier Agree to Contract Extension

weird. when does he and maggard bail to go to sec?will this be first time school coach is leaving from has to pay the buyout?

Let’s just live in the moment and support this current football staff. They are earning our loyalty!

The cULture is Real.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Distraction
    Smart move. Focus on rest of season now.

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    weird. when does he and maggard bail to go to sec?will this be first time school coach is leaving from has to pay the buyout?
    WTF?

A sunbelt coach has to have proven success to pick the best situation. That is to not jump at first offer from bottom feeder big 5 job. Naps is making $$$$$ and has job security. If he sustains this success he will leave for the right fit. Like a poster said earlier after 2020 or 2021. I have heard him mention stability for his family often. I'm gonna enjoy this ride and trust the process Mags has built.To be honest, Mags leaving scares me more. Think Scott farmer.Now that's a Halloween nightmare right there.

Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    I personally think our chances of having Nap here next season are 50-50. He won't turn down an offer like Hud did to Tulane. I think if a school from a better conference offers, he will be gone. That's contingent on him winning 10 games this year, which I think is a strong possibility.
    Yes he will turn down something like a Tulane offer. Rob Sale turned down the OL position at Alabama to stay here. Coach has said at QB Club meetings most of his staff is tired of moving around and wanted to stay put for awhile. Besides he thinks we can be a Boise or UCF here in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Probably means he’s not putting together back to back 10+ win seasons if he’s still here.
    He can be in position to take the UNC, South Carolina or Tenn jobs when they come open. He has the pedigree.

Ultimately, I’d like this whole staff to stay here for a decade.

11. Default Re: Louisiana, Napier Agree to Contract Extension

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Smart move. Focus on rest of season now.
    Well as long as we beat Troy next Wednesday I'll be ok.

12. Default Re: Napier Extension in the Works

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    He can be in position to take the UNC, South Carolina or Tenn jobs when they come open. He has the pedigree.

Ultimately, I’d like this whole staff to stay here for a decade.
    .If there were a way to judge the differential between the improved attendance of HUD and Nap, I think HUD wins by a lot.think he could sell the program better and the economy was soooomuch better.however, I think Nap has a tougher road in that the scheduled teams are much betterthe rise of the belt from dead last to being mean ranked 15 points over cusa can attest to this.let’s hope that the Appy game can resurrect some butts in the seats!

History says he'll have to put together at least two, maybe three special seasons to get a P5 job. That was the case with Satterfield and Neal Brown. I expect it to be the same with Napier.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Well as long as we beat Troy next Wednesday I'll be ok.
    I'd prefer to beat App State next Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    History says he'll have to put together at least two, maybe three special seasons to get a P5 job. That was the case with Satterfield and Neal Brown. I expect it to be the same with Napier.
    Spot on

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information