Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    Formally announced:

What is his current salary?

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    What is his current salary?
    Thought it was about $800K

Default Re: Napier Extension in the Works

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Got to think Maggs made sure both sides win. Your correct I would think.
    Wonder if we have a provision in there such as that if he leaves for a P5 school, the new employer has to pay us what we would have owed him. Logic is we will have to offer more to get a quality replacement. Other possibilities are a home and home series with the new school. That is more common in basketball however.

LFG!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Wonder if we have a provision in there such as that if he leaves for a P5 school, the new employer has to pay us what we would have owed him. Logic is we will have to offer more to get a quality replacement. Other possibilities are a home and home series with the new school. That is more common in basketball however.
    If Napier breaks the contract for another job before December 31, 2019, he owes us $2 million. If he leaves between January 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020, he owes us $1.25 million.

If Maggs is smart enough to get the extension done I imagine protection is included

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    If Napier breaks the contract for another job before December 31, 2019, he owes us $2 million. If he leaves between January 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020, he owes us $1.25 million.
    That would definitely help us in looking for a new coach if Coach Napier were to leave.

Let's hope he stays awhile.

8. Default Re: Napier Extension in the Works

I’m not at all worried about the terms. Contract extensions are almost exclusively for coaches benefit. The little benefit that a school gets pale in comparison. Maggard will get the maximum benefit he can for UL.

No doubt I’m expecting Napier stay to be short, and frankly the shorter the better he’s done. We need to keep a sharp eye for his replacement in December 2020 IMO.

This is good news. Makes sense from so many angles.

10. Default Re: Louisiana, Napier Agree to Contract Extension

Distraction

Default Re: Louisiana, Napier Agree to Contract Extension

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Distraction
    Nooooooooo. Next it'll be an addition to the APC.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    Thanks for the information. Wonder what happens if he leaves after either of the 2021 or 2022 seasons.

Thanks for the information. Wonder what happens if he leaves after either of the 2021 or 2022 seasons.
    If we keep him until 2022 I will be ecstatic!

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    That would definitely help us in looking for a new coach if Coach Napier were to leave.

Let's hope he stays awhile.
    Actually, I hope he leaves for a SEC head job after next season, because that would likely mean we won 11 games this season and 11-12 next season. I’ll give him up by then in exchange for that ride!

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    If we keep him until 2022 I will be ecstatic!
    Probably means he’s not putting together back to back 10+ win seasons if he’s still here.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread Information