Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: Louisiana, Napier Agree to Contract Extension

UL Football Louisiana, Napier Agree to Contract Extension

Per Bruce Feldman

Default Re: Napier Extension in the Works

So we are extending him 1 year.

To be expected. It was written in his contract that he would get an additional year after year 1 if Maggard feels coach has achieved annual performance targets. I'd say making the SBC championship game in year 1 and having the #1 SBC recruiting class was sufficient.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    To be expected. It was written in his contract that he would get an additional year after year 1 if Maggard feels coach has achieved annual performance targets. I'd say making the SBC championship game in year 1 and having the #1 SBC recruiting class was sufficient.
    Extention with a modest pay bump was earned for himself and asst coaches UL picked 4th out of 5 teams last year which I thought was accurate. Then finished 1st in westtrend is clearly up.

This will be the 1st year most of his recruits see any tangible playing time.

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    This will be the 1st year any of his recruits see any tangible playing time.
    Porter, Mapieu, McCaskill, Manac, Garror & Max Mitchell would like to have a word with you lol

Kinda my point6 of the top 44 in 2 deep. Most Freshmen were redshirted.

Kinda my point6 of the top 44 in 2 deep. Most Freshmen were redshirted.
    14 of the 18 signees last year played over 4 games most was due to necessity but great from an experience standpoint

Extention with a modest pay bump was earned for himself and asst coaches UL picked 4th out of 5 teams last year which I thought was accurate. Then finished 1st in westtrend is clearly up.

This will be the 1st year most of his recruits see any tangible playing time.
    A bump in pay is not likely to happen.

No problem with that. Played in championship game first year.

By extending his contract (which I fully support), will that also keep the buyout at a higher level for another year?

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    By extending his contract (which I fully support), will that also keep the buyout at a higher level for another year?

Got to think Maggs made sure both sides win. Your correct I would think.

Because Maggard knows, all you have to do is WIN, win, win!

13. UL Football Louisiana, Napier Agree to Contract Extension

Louisiana Athletics and head football coach Billy Napier have announced an extension of the second-year coach's original contract with the University, Director of Athletics Bryan Maggard announced on Tuesday.

Napier's contract now extends through the 2023 season.
    _
    "We're very excited to extend Coach Napier's contract to serve as our head football coach," Maggard said. "We are very proud of what Billy and his staff have been able to accomplish in such a short time. We look forward to continued success under his leadership."
    _
    The Ragin' Cajuns have been impressive under Napier's guidance, now on his second season of implementing his program at Louisiana. Last season's Ragin' Cajuns (7-7, 5-3) utilized a powerful offense and opportunistic defense to win the 2018 Sun Belt Conference West Division Championship and advance to the inaugural conference championship game.
    _
    Louisiana booked its first bowl trip since 2016, heading to sunny Orlando, Florida, for the 2018 AutoNation Cure Bowl at Camping World Stadium. It marked the first-ever season that Louisiana played a 14-game schedule with two postseason opportunities earned by the Ragin' Cajuns.
    _
    "My family and I are extremely excited about the recent contract extension," Napier said. "We appreciate the vision and support from President Savoie and Dr. Maggard. This extension will help improve the experience of our student-athletes and solidify the infrastructure of our organization. We will continue building an elite football program. We are so thankful for the many people who have embraced our staff and families in Lafayette and throughout Acadiana. The #cULture is real and grows stronger by the day."
    _
    The Ragin' Cajuns are out to a strong 4-1 start to the 2019 season, including two resounding road victories at Ohio (45-25, Sept. 21) and at Georgia Southern (37-24, Sept. 28). Napier's squad will be looking for its third victory at Cajun Field this season when Appalachian State visits on Wednesday, Oct. 9. Special $7 tickets are available for the 7 p.m. CT kickoff.
    _

The rest of the story
    Louisiana AD

Formally announced:

NICE!!!!!!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information