Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: Matt Deggs Coming Home

1. UL Baseball UL announces new head baseball coach

UL on Tuesday night announced in a Tweet that Matt Deggs, most recently head coach at Sam Houston State, will take over as its new head baseball coach.

Deggs will replace the late Tony Robichaux, who died July 3, 10 days after suffering a heart attack.

Robichaux was UL’s head coach for 25 seasons prior to his passing.

UL Baseball Matt Deggs Coming Home

Per university athletics Facebook page is the new baseball head coach.

Default Re: Matt Deggs

God is indeed a Cajuns fan. His new saint is smiling

Who’s the pitching coach? Would he entertain Austin if he’s interested? What about Bab director of baseball operations?

Default Re: Matt Deggs Coming Home

Hiring Coach Deggs truly is best path forward for baseball program. Great hire. Life moves on so quickly still hard wrapping my head around all of it.

I still can't believe Robe is not here.

9. Default Re: Matt Deggs Coming Home

There is crying in baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
    There is crying in baseball.
    Yep. Great post. Couldn’t be happier and sadder at the same time

Glad to see Robe’s legacy of teaching students to be men will continue on. He always said that you play baseball for a few years but you are a man for many! Good luck Coach Deggs & geaux Cajuns! RIP knowing you shared the Lords grace with so many.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    I still can't believe Robe is not here.
    I'm still trying to make sense of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowley Cajun View Post
    I'm still trying to make sense of it.
    Time to reinforce the positive Deggs is younger, more fiery, and his own MAN. In Robe's ilk. Time to embrace our new reality. Robe has handed off the ball. Run Matt!!!

I do not follow Sam Houston baseball very close. I watch when have the opportunity a couple times a year or so. It does not take long to see "The Pack" mentality that comes out in those players. Dont know if we will ever have the success that we had in 2014. I do look forward to seeing the same type of grit that those Deggs teams had.

If nothing else, this year has taught me to enjoy sports for the sport. Its really not about winning and losing. Its about enjoying a pastime that we all love and to escape reality for 3 hours at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingCajun08 View Post
    I do not follow Sam Houston baseball very close. I watch when have the opportunity a couple times a year or so. It does not take long to see "The Pack" mentality that comes out in those players. Dont know if we will ever have the success that we had in 2014. I do look forward to seeing the same type of grit that those Deggs teams had.

If nothing else, this year has taught me to enjoy sports for the sport. Its really not about winning and losing. Its about enjoying a pastime that we all love and to escape reality for 3 hours at a time.
    Excellent. Tony brought that mentality to me. I came to love UL baseball for so much more than Wins and Losses which often put me at odds with some here on RP. Matt needs to forge his own identity while paying homage to the past. As much as it pains and saddens me the bigger than baseball era is not going to come back. Tony made baseball our signature sport even in the down years and with due deference to softball. I hope Matt takes the reigns this morning and begins to build a new culture whatever that may be. There will never be another Tony. Don’t try

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information