Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mitchell, Ragas Named to Doak Walker Award Preseason Watch List

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    When Mitchell scores 25 TD’s this season and sets the UL single season rushing record, we will revisit this. He’s gonna do this while splitting time with another NFL caliber RB in Ragas.
    If he scores that many TDs while splitting time, I’ll buy you several pints in Lafayette.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    If he scores that many TDs while splitting time, I’ll buy you several pints in Lafayette.
    Get your wallet ready. I’ve been fond of Gnarly Barely’s selections lately.

Default Re: Mitchell, Ragas Named to Doak Walker Award Preseason Watch List

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Mitchell is the most complete back we have had here in a long long time
    I knew you were from erath from some of your previous comments. But he may be 2nd.

McGuire was an outstanding RB. One of our best. However, not due to his fault, those last 2 years were rough. Mitchell has moves also, and shows special ability. If he continues to improve, the sky is the limit.

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Considering both Elijah McGuire and Alonzo Harris have recently spent time on active NFL rosters that is a good thing
    Not saying Mitchell is more talented that McGuire he is just a more all around back

6. Default Re: Mitchell, Ragas Named to Doak Walker Award Preseason Watch List

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Considering both Elijah McGuire and Alonzo Harris have recently spent time on active NFL rosters that is a good thing
    my order,,,,,Calais,McGuire, Mitchell, Ragas, Harris!Think Calais to be the fastest, can choose a hole macro/micro, tougher coming out of the backfield (speed), and now up to 200 lbs!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    my order,,,,,Calais,McGuire, Mitchell, Ragas, Harris!Think Calais to be the fastest, can choose a hole macro/micro, tougher coming out of the backfield (speed), and now up to 200 lbs!
    Calais is a good back, but he does not belong in this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    I knew you were from erath from some of your previous comments. But he may be 2nd.
    C4L has never lived in Erath and did not go to school there.

9. Default Re: Mitchell, Ragas Named to Doak Walker Award Preseason Watch List

McGuire/Mitchell/Ragas and Harris are all better and more complete backs then Calais. I love Calais, but man I want what you are smoking. Calais is a great change of pace back for us and has huge success because of Mitchell and Ragas. If Calais was our main back we would not be as successful running the ball as we are. Mitchell and Ragas make it easier for us to put Calais in and have success.

I think Calais deserves his due, he is very good, but Mitchell and McGuire should top the list, with Ragas, Harris and Fenroy in the next group. Calais should be in the group with Kenyon Cotton and I am sure a host of others that you guys can remember. But Mitchell and McGuire are #1A and 1B on that list, unless you consider Brian Mitchell, who would be #1 in a class all by himself.

10. Default Re: Mitchell, Ragas Named to Doak Walker Award Preseason Watch List

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    C4L has never lived in Erath and did not go to school there.
    From the truest of HOMERS. ThIs guy and his friend FB tried to create an inference on this board that the TC QB is better than a QB now on the Cajun's roster, one that just committed to play for Harvard, one offered by the Cajuns and by Alabama, TAM, Miss St, LSU, Norte Dame . . ., argued that a flippant and an obviously joking suggestion that the Cajuns hire Perkins as the next baseball coach was a serious suggestion and they both supported that defense with a real suggestion that the TC baseball coach be considered, albeit with erroneous facts.

I just could not resist.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    From the truest of HOMERS. ThIs guy and his friend FB tried to create an inference on this board that the TC QB is better than a QB now on the Cajun's roster, one that just committed to play for Harvard, one offered by the Cajuns and by Alabama, TAM, Miss St, LSU, Norte Dame . . ., argued that a flippant and an obviously joking suggestion that the Cajuns hire Perkins as the next baseball coach was a serious suggestion and they both supported that defense with a real suggestion that the TC baseball coach be considered, albeit with erroneous facts.

I just could not resist.
    I’m not sure if you are referring to me or not, but if you were I have never suggested a HS coach for any job here. If you are referring to Holstein and Howard I do believe that Walker Howard is the better QB. But he will not, nor should he supplant Holstein as the starter at STM who is a damn good QB too.

Wow. I did enjoy your use of macro/micro though.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    McGuire/Mitchell/Ragas and Harris are all better and more complete backs then Calais. I love Calais, but man I want what you are smoking. Calais is a great change of pace back for us and has huge success because of Mitchell and Ragas. If Calais was our main back we would not be as successful running the ball as we are. Mitchell and Ragas make it easier for us to put Calais in and have success.

I think Calais deserves his due, he is very good, but Mitchell and McGuire should top the list, with Ragas, Harris and Fenroy in the next group. Calais should be in the group with Kenyon Cotton and I am sure a host of others that you guys can remember. But Mitchell and McGuire are #1A and 1B on that list, unless you consider Brian Mitchell, who would be #1 in a class all by himself.
    Having 2 good RBs always helps. If you want a good stat comparison then compare McGuire and Mitchell’s sophomore seasons. Both of them had a competent offense and they split time with some bulls at RB (Harris & Ragas). For me, Elijah McGuire was the most electrifying player we’ve had since Brian Mitchell. Mike Desormeaux is a close second.

14. Default Re: Mitchell, Ragas Named to Doak Walker Award Preseason Watch List

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    I’m not sure if you are referring to me or not, but if you were I have never suggested a HS coach for any job here. If you are referring to Holstein and Howard I do believe that Walker Howard is the better QB. But he will not, nor should he supplant Holstein as the starter at STM who is a damn good QB too.
    Not.

15. Default Re: Mitchell, Ragas Named to Doak Walker Award Preseason Watch List

Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    Having 2 good RBs always helps. If you want a good stat comparison then compare McGuire and Mitchell’s sophomore seasons. Both of them had a competent offense and they split time with some bulls at RB (Harris & Ragas). For me, Elijah McGuire was the most electrifying player we’ve had since Brian Mitchell. Mike Desormeaux is a close second.
    What was so special about McGuire is that he probably had some of the best hands and ran better routes then most of the WR's we had. McGuire would have been a top 3 or 4 WR on our roster back then, but unfortunately or fortunately, however you want to look at it, he was even a better RB.

I don't remember running backs that we have every had that ran the wheel route better than Elijah McGuire. He seemed open all the time and if he was covered he made a spectacular catch. And once he got the ball in space, nobody was better than him, with the exception of Brian Mitchell. Now I would put Elijah Mitchell in that same conversation, in space. I just don't know if he has as good of hands or runs as good of routes as McGuire.

And again, this is no slight on Calais, if he was our main RB, we would still have a pretty good running game, but the combination of Ragas/Mitchell/Calais makes us really scary to line up against.

Oh by the way, we have a couple of really good running backs behind these 3 that we are not even talking about.

#1--Chris Smith, might be the fastest guy on the team, coaches are drooling over this kid. I watched him live chase down the return man from App State in the SBC Championship game. Kid still has 4 years to play (redshirted last year) and was the #28 player in all of Mississippi in 2018 recruiting class and #4 RB in Mississippi. Could be something special. 3 Star RB in 2018.

#2 TJ Wisham--Redshirt Sophomore RB ranked #73 player in Louisiana his senior year. Played one season at US Military Academy (Army). He was the #5 ranked Running Back in Louisiana his senior year, take a guess who was #4Trey Ragas.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information