Page 1 of 43 1 2 3 4 11 . LastLast

Thread: Baseball Coaching Search 2019

UL Baseball Baseball Coaching Search 2019

I know we all are still in shock and mourning over coach Robe. We will never hire a replacement on and off the field like Robe. But sooner rather than later the question will have to be answered, who with now lead the baseball team? I have confidence that Dr. Maggard will hire the right fit for the program not hire who the fans want. With that being said this is my wish list in the following order.

#1 Matt Deggs
    #2 Mitch Gaspard
    #3 Jake Gautreaux

Default Re: NEW HIRE

So far, Dr. Maggard is 3/3 in head coaching hires. I have full confidence that he will keep this streak going this time around.

With that being said, this hire is different from the others (even football) because the next coach will be following in the footsteps of a legend. So there is no doubt that people will unintentionally compare him to Robe at times. What we need to do is support the new coach regardless of who it is and continue the tradition that makes us so special.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    So far, Dr. Maggard is 3/3 in head coaching hires. I have full confidence that he will keep this streak going this time around.

With that being said, this hire is different from the others (even football) because the next coach will be following in the footsteps of a legend. So there is no doubt that people will unintentionally compare him to Robe at times. What we need to do is support the new coach regardless of who it is and continue the tradition that makes us so special.
    I have no doubt whoever it is will have massive fan support. Mainly because whoever carries the torch is carrying Robe's legacy. Everyone wants to see that legacy progressed.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    I know we all are still in shock and mourning over coach Robe. We will never hire a replacement on and off the field like Robe. But sooner rather than later the question will have to be answered, who with now lead the baseball team? I have confidence that Dr. Maggard will hire the right fit for the program not hire who the fans want. With that being said this is my wish list in the following order.

#1 Matt Deggs
    #2 Mitch Gaspard
    #3 Jake Gautreaux
    Gautreau would be a grand slam hire was just name assistant coach of the year

The problem is tht Coach Robe gave us a great discount for 25 years. Can we afford to be competitive? Deggs makes $300,000 at Sam Houston State. Gautreau probably makes about the same as an assistant

I think the answer is yes. We paid Glasco more than anyone expected and/or thought we could afford for softball. This is just one of the areas that Dr. Maggard earns his $$$.

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    The problem is tht Coach Robe gave us a great discount for 25 years. Can we afford to be competitive? Deggs makes $300,000 at Sam Houston State. Gautreau probably makes about the same as an assistant
    I don’t recall the numbers and don’t feel like looking them up honestly.but while Robes salary was less.he got annual deposits into accounts as part of his contract.so basically he made a lot more than his weekly paycheck showed

8. Default Re: NEW HIRE

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    I don’t recall the numbers and don’t feel like looking them up honestly.but while Robes salary was less.he got annual deposits into accounts as part of his contract.so basically he made a lot more than his weekly paycheck showed
    This is correct. Regardless, we will have the money to pay the man. I guarantee you, if he accepts the job, and needs to get a certain salary, there are a core group of baseball supporters that will make it happen. This is not the time to mess around. You do what it takes to get him to Lafayette, and complete the ideal successor to a hero.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post

#1 Matt Deggs
    #2 Mitch Gaspard
    #3 Jake Gautreaux
    Not wise to speculate on this hirejust my opinion. Trust Maggard and leave it be.

Deggs
    Gautreaux
    Riser

In that order.

Gautreau
    Deggs
    Riser

Deggs would be my first call. But I'm not the one making the decision. I trust Dr. Maggard to make the right decision.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Deggs
    Gautreaux
    Riser

In that order.
    Ugh I feel disgusting even chiming in.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Ugh I feel disgusting even chiming in.
    I’m with youunfortunately Dr. M is dealing with finding his replacement and as much as it pains us to see a new skipper, it’s got to happen.

In keeping with Coach Robe’s philosophy in seeing the greater good in people and giving second chances ie: Coach Deggs, another Coach comes to mind. Andy Cannizaro. He is currently coaching at Holy Cross in New Orleans. It’s worth a look.

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    I’m with youunfortunately Dr. M is dealing with finding his replacement and as much as it pains us to see a new skipper, it’s got to happen.

In keeping with Coach Robe’s philosophy in seeing the greater good in people and giving second chances ie: Coach Deggs, another Coach comes to mind. Andy Cannizaro. He is currently coaching at Holy Cross in New Orleans. It’s worth a look.
    Huge no to Cannizaro. He is toxic and not in the same mold as Robe when it comes to character. Good coach though.

Page 1 of 43 1 2 3 4 11 . LastLast

Thread Information