Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 . LastLast

Thread: Baseball Coaching Search 2019

Default Re: NEW HIRE

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    Deggs has a good gig. This is not a P5 job, but its a top if not the top mid major job. Its not the SEC or Big 12. while i do think its a step up from where he is it is still a lateral move so to speak.
    Totally disagree. If that were the case, Tony would never have left McNeese.

While the money is similar, he's in a one bid Southland Conference. He won the league this year which got him nowhere because he didn't win the tourney.

The Sun Belt is, more often than not, a multi bid league ranked several spots higher than the Southland.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post

While the money is similar, he's in a one bid Southland Conference. He won the league this year which got him nowhere because he didn't win the tourney.

The Sun Belt is, more often than not, a multi bid league ranked several spots higher than the Southland.
    Agreed. This is a much better job than Sam Houston. I would put it top 20-25

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post

Bingo. The last two paragraphs say it all. Deggs won 39 games two years ago and sat at home when he bowed out early in the SLC tournament. It’s a little different in the Sun Belt.

Also, Deggs would have a lot more to recruit to than he did in 2013-2014. But if the job were to go to him, he would need to find a pitching coach as well all know that he would handle the hitting.

Regardless of whether or not it’s him, “In Maggard I Trust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    Agreed. This is a much better job than Sam Houston. I would put it top 20-25
    And Sam is maybe top 75.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Bingo. The last two paragraphs say it all. Deggs won 39 games two years ago and sat at home when he bowed out early in the SLC tournament. It’s a little different in the Sun Belt.

Also, Deggs would have a lot more to recruit to than he did in 2013-2014. But if the job were to go to him, he would need to find a pitching coach as well all know that he would handle the hitting.

Tony had incredibly great "touch", creating the environment, feedback, bullpen comradre that built great pitching staffs year after year. How that gets replicated will take some time, but it will happen.

6. Default Re: NEW HIRE

Y’all are looking at this wrong, in my opinion.

I think this is one of very few scenarios where we even had the opportunity to get Matt back here.

Also, Kendall is a good dude, but he should have cited his sources in that article. Obvious tip of the cap to RP was necessary.

Missing you today, 36. Still feels wrong to have this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post

Well if we’re using basketball standards.him winning 39 games and sitting at home means absolutely nothing

8. Default Re: NEW HIRE

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Changes will be made eventually, I don't see Dr Maggard tying the hands of the next coach, at least not long term. I trust Dr Maggard to do the right thing by the athletes and coaches, but we as fans need to be rational and not emotion when it comes to those decisions.
    Similar situation with Desormeaux being retained for at least one year during the transition from Hud IMO. Eventually all coaches stand and fall based on mutual benefits between the two entities.

Bab like all of us made decisions based on what he believed best for him and his family. Certainly he received the benefits and income during his time here.

Not a shot at Bab, but if he had higher ambitions perhaps he needed to do like other assistants do, take charge of a smaller gig.

Who is Justin Hill?

Quote Originally Posted by STEVEAUX UL 78 View Post
    Who is Justin Hill?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justin_Hill_(baseball)

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justin_Hill_(baseball)
    He seems to be a hard working coach at McNeese State and I like Jim Ricklefson his assistant nowbut, if I remember correctly as a first year head coach at MSU he made the distinct statement thatNot only were the UL bats juiced but the players were juiced as well. I know he was a first year head coach but that statement still wrenches my gut.just saying

I recall some discussion regarding "rolled" bats in 2014. Not sure who said what.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Y’all are looking at this wrong, in my opinion.

I think this is one of very few scenarios where we even had the opportunity to get Matt back here.

Also, Kendall is a good dude, but he should have cited his sources in that article. Obvious tip of the cap to RP was necessary.

Missing you today, 36. Still feels wrong to have this conversation.
    It's really easy to say "go get this guy."

Has anyone checked what the buyout would be on any of these candidates?

14. Default Re: NEW HIRE

Is Willis worth looking at? The man has done work in Eunice.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    I recall some discussion regarding "rolled" bats in 2014. Not sure who said what.
    I think there were a few talking about “rolled bats” just in general but he made that statement about the program. I don’t condemn anyone based on such a statement. But, if I were considering him as a HC at UL you bet your _____$$ I would be questioning him!

Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 . LastLast

Thread Information