Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ... 23 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast

Thread: Baseball Coaching Search 2019

Default Re: Baseball Coaching Search 2019

FWIW, Kendall Rogers thinks Deggs will keep JT, Wells, and Bab. He's unsure of Freeman's future.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    FWIW, Kendall Rogers thinks Deggs will keep JT, Wells, and Bab. He's unsure of Freeman's future.
    Freeman already left.

That's a whole lot of hitting coaches without much pitcher coaching.

Dang.... that press conference was an emotional roller coaster.

A couple of things I took note of.

Deggs talked about the decision and how when he and the family went to church on Sunday the pastor opened up with a Boudreaux/Thibodeaux joke from Crowley La......then after service a girl sitting behind him said she was sorry about Coach Robe and that she had played soccer at UL.

I think his decision was made then. I won't share the details because they aren't mine to share and I'd probably mess the whole thing up anyway, but there is a similar story about Sunday service and Alyson Habetz decision regarding softball and sending Coach Glasco our way.

The other thing was Maggard made it very clear that the Club House/ Player development center was a priority and would be a big part of Robe's legacy. I'd be shocked if that isn't off the ground in the very near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Dang.... that press conference was an emotional roller coaster.

A couple of things I took note of.

Deggs talked about the decision and how when he and the family went to church on Sunday the pastor opened up with a Boudreaux/Thibodeaux joke from Crowley La......then after service a girl sitting behind him said she was sorry about Coach Robe and that she had played soccer at UL.

I think his decision was made then. I won't share the details because they aren't mine to share and I'd probably mess the whole thing up anyway, but there is a similar story about Sunday service and Alyson Habetz decision regarding softball and sending Coach Glasco our way.

The other thing was Maggard made it very clear that the Club House/ Player development center was a priority and would be a big part of Robe's legacy. I'd be shocked if that isn't off the ground in the very near future.
    Yes, it was really an emotional room. But his comments of not making his decision until Sunday in Church only cements what I had heard about him not knowing for certain he wanted to come back to Lafayette under these circumstances.

We needed this announcement today to light a fire under this program, not only for baseball but for athletics in general. It's been a very difficult year beginning with Geri Ann Glasco, Big Lynn, Robe and a few others. Listening to Coach Degg's speak today only solidifies that Dr. Maggard made the right decision.

THE RIGHT MAN at THE RIGHT TIME! #36 Culture

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Yes, it was really an emotional room. But his comments of not making his decision until Sunday in Church only cements what I had heard about him not knowing for certain he wanted to come back to Lafayette under these circumstances.

We needed this announcement today to light a fire under this program, not only for baseball but for athletics in general. It's been a very difficult year beginning with Geri Ann Glasco, Big Lynn, Robe and a few others. Listening to Coach Degg's speak today only solidifies that Dr. Maggard made the right decision.

THE RIGHT MAN at THE RIGHT TIME! #36 Culture
    Agree completely. Been a tough year for me personally on a lot of levels and then all of this. Just seems incredible the number of people we have lost this past year that were part of the athletic department or who have struggled with health issues. I had gotten the oppurtunity to visit with Geri Ann on a couple of occassions and man that was a blow. Known Robe and family forever as many others have and just can't put into words.

I put sports into perspective a number of years back for a lot of reasons and I think that was what Robe always tried to do as well. As fans we can scream, get mad, argue, cuss, and ask for someones job because a bunch of teenagers didn't win the national championship and then they are gone and you have to ask yourself.......which win column is important.

Yeah I think that was more or less assumed based on prior comments by people in here about wanting continuity going into next year. All should stay in their same roles so the pitching role will be massive.

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    I don't know if it was on video, but before the conference "officially" started, Deggs went and gave a big hug to Ms. Colleen, Ashely, Ashley's children that were in attendance, Austin, and Jut. The room was completely silent at that moment. Just seeing how Ms. Colleen embraced Deggs. It was high emotion and a lot of love.

It could not have been scripted better from start to finish. This is what our community and our program is all about.
    I went back and watched some of it. The Athletic Departments video was mounted just off the side of the podium pointing back to the entrance side, so you couldnt see that at all unfortunately. Very emotional moment

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    Freeman already left.
    Correct

Just a quick reminder of who the new leader of our beloved baseball program is:

Does anyone know when we can try to move our season tickets? I've had two in the bleachers but I'm trying to get 4 in the grandstand which I know will be a tough task.

Maggard delivers...again. This is by far the best AD we've seen since TDP. I'm getting concerned his resume' just keeps getting better every day where he may leave. This may appear to have been a no brainer hire, but obviously Maggard was pretty much all in emotionally on this one and still had to manage the process.

I personally think Dr Maggard may be the most important hire in the history of Ragin Cajuns athletics.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Maggard delivers...again. This is by far the best AD we've seen since TDP. I'm getting concerned his resume' just keeps getting better every day where he may leave. This may appear to have been a no brainer hire, but obviously Maggard was pretty much all in emotionally on this one and still had to manage the process.
    We can't worry ourselves about the inevitable, but we must hope he gets most of what he wants to do accomplished before that day.

Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ... 23 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast

Thread Information