Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: R.I.P. Coach Robichaux

Default Re: Honor His Legacy

Agreed.

Without a doubt, Coach Robe built this program into what it is today. It is our job to continue his legacy and vision of this program moving forward. I will play my part in doing so.

Default Re: Honor His Legacy

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    Amen!

I plan on doubling down my baseball specific contributions to help our next coach and his staff continue the excellence of this baseball program.

I'd also love to see a fundraising drive to fund a scholarship (or multiple scholarships) in Tony's name.
    Tony Robichaux "Drink from the Hose" Scholarship

Default Re: R.I.P. Coach Robichaux

Quote Originally Posted by barisaxman View Post
    Jay—I know this was probably the hardest piece you’ve EVER had to write, but once the words started flowing, this has to be the FINEST to come from you, My Friend, and a fitting tribute to Tony!! I would like to take this opportunity to thank you and ALL the on-air personalities at ESPN1420 for publicly sharing your grief over Coach’s passing these past days. I for one have shed many a tear listening to the reminiscing about Robe from you guys and from the heartfelt callers sharing THEIR stories about encounters with him—it’s been both heartbreaking AND therapeutic!

I would like to echo that sentiment as well. I was traveling for the long holiday weekend, and instead of Pandora, XM Radio, or the same stale playlists, I was able to listen to a replay of EVERY show from Wednesday through Saturday, and caught Bandit live on Sunday. (as expected, Sport was entertaining). Overall, in those few days, it was a great way to process it all and honor the man.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    I was blown away by the turnout as well. And equally amazed that these family members stood as one for all those hours, greeting everyone, mostly with a smile on their face. Their strength during everything was amazing.

Last night, former players and their wives met at the Stadium Club for a time of fellowship and food (and some drink.) Many of them had never seen Russo Park. I thanked as many of them as I could for helping to build the park.

Because every one of them did.

I had a chance to visit with Matt Deggs, Lance Harvell, Jason Gonzales and Wade Simoneaux. Saw Southeastern coach Matt Riser and Jimmy Ricklefsen, who succeeded Robe as coach at McNeese.

And, an older gentleman came up to me and it took me just a minute to recognize him.

It was former South Alabama coach Steve Kittrell. Somehow, I knew he would be there.

I was on the phone with John Szefc when I got the word on Robe's passing. He will be at the funeral today.
    You’ve been a great spokesperson or whatever for the team, university and city for the last few days. Awesome job and you really did a great service to coach’s legacy. Thanks, can’t think of anyone doing a better job. All of your interviews and blogs and quotes in articles have been fabulous. Kudos to you on a job well done

5. People #Robe36 - Remembering Coach Robichaux

Compilation: Tribute after tribute

The rest of the story
    Louisiana AD

Default Re: Coach Robichaux Tribute Video

Excellent

Stop making me cry Jay.

Thank you for all you are doing to honor Coach Robe.

Great article, Jay.

What's funny is that I'm sure there were certain times when Robe probably would've rather been somewhere else instead of showing up to events or doing talks, but he always put others before himself and did them anyway. As tough as it probably was, there is no better tribute to him than what you did this weekend with all of those appearances.

10. Default Re: #Robe36 - Remembering Coach Robichaux

Compilations on a domain the school owns is a great idea, because recovering posts on social media is worse than herding cats.

Although #Robe36 should be,one of the easier one to remember.

jmo

I was listening to Tiger Rag Radio while working in my yard tonight. They had a really nice 5 minute segment on coach Robe. Got to give them props. ( It was the only local radio on so I listened.)

Just a reminder to keep giving to the go fund me and spread the word to others. Funeral expenses have added to the medical.

https://www.facebook.com/1208640009/...904144&sfns=mo

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Can’t say I’ve ever paid much attention to Willis.
    He laid low for a while, but couldn’t stay away. Glad he’s back

14. Default Re: R.I.P. Coach Robichaux

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    He laid low for a while, but couldn't stay away. Glad he's back
    Shocking, just shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    He laid low for a while, but couldn’t stay away. Glad he’s back
    Jay is a HUGE part of this community. He psses me off from time to time but he is out there every day with his opinion. I for one appreciate what he does

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread Information