Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 . LastLast

Thread: R.I.P. Coach Robichaux

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    Just got back from Coach Robe’s service!
    All I can say is WOW what a turn out!!!
    As did I. Cajun Nation can stand proud for the send off. I’ll be standing in 100 degrees heat tomorrow on the procession as my final thanks. Join me everyone

2. People Community mourns death of UL coach Tony Robichaux during Sunday visitation

"The way he led his life his how you should lead your life," Anthony Babineaux, assistant UL baseball coach said Sunday at visitation for Coach Tony Robichaux.

3. People Robichaux family displayed class, poise at memorial service

Even in the moment of their greatest sorrow, the members of Tony Robichaux’s family responded with the class and grace the legendary UL baseball coach always displayed at Sunday’s memorial at the Cajundome Convention Center.

Robichaux died Wednesday in New Orleans after two heart surgeries. From 3 to 9 p.m. Sunday, thousands poured into the Convention Center to help honor the winningest baseball coach and arguably the most respected coach in Ragin’ Cajun athletic history.

Default Re: R.I.P. Coach Robichaux

From article on KATC.com
    https://www.katc.com/news/fans-and-f.-funeral-route

Robichaux died Wednesday at 57.

The funeral mass will be at 2 p.m. at Our Lady of Fatima on Johnston Street. After the mass, burial will take place in Crowley at Woodlawn Cemetery, 2250 S. Avenue F.

If you'd like to participate, you should wear red and line up along any section of the route.

Here's the route:
    - South on Johnston (from Fatima) to Cajundome Blvd.
    - Cajundome Blvd to Eraste Landry
    - Eraste Landry to Bertrand Dr.
    - Bertrand Dr. to US Hwy 90 (Cameron St.)
    - West on US. Hwy 90 to South Eastern Ave(LA Hwy 13) in Crowley
    - South Eastern Ave. to Lovell Rd.
    - Lovell Rd to South Ave F
    - South on South Ave F

Quote Originally Posted by RC8 View Post
    The board has been eerily quiet today. Maybe 3 posts all day. I know everyone is mourning and the sadness is great within all of us. What more can you say? I don't know I'm still in shock. It is gonna be weird seeing someone else walking out of the dugout to go talk to pitchers or walking towards home plate to meet with the umps and opposing coach before the games.
    But the social media has not been quiet. Finding and reading the tributes from near and far is very satisfying. Robe never promoted himself. Never. I always thought he was an underappreciated leader locally because people did not know his true mission. I am happy that so many people are sharing their stories about his impact.

I was blown away by the turnout as well. And equally amazed that these family members stood as one for all those hours, greeting everyone, mostly with a smile on their face. Their strength during everything was amazing.

Last night, former players and their wives met at the Stadium Club for a time of fellowship and food (and some drink.) Many of them had never seen Russo Park. I thanked as many of them as I could for helping to build the park.

Because every one of them did.

I had a chance to visit with Matt Deggs, Lance Harvell, Jason Gonzales and Wade Simoneaux. Saw Southeastern coach Matt Riser and Jimmy Ricklefsen, who succeeded Robe as coach at McNeese.

And, an older gentleman came up to me and it took me just a minute to recognize him.

It was former South Alabama coach Steve Kittrell. Somehow, I knew he would be there.

I was on the phone with John Szefc when I got the word on Robe's passing. He will be at the funeral today.

I appreciate the kind words about the piece I wrote. I sat down at the computer on four occasions and nothing came out until yesterday. I'm grateful if it meant something to you.

Default Coach Robichaux Tribute Video

I found the tribute video made by Darren Walker that was played at Coach Robes wake last night. Great job by Mr. Darren Walker!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACiW.bA&app=desktop

Quote Originally Posted by jumboragncajun View Post
    But the social media has not been quiet. Finding and reading the tributes from near and far is very satisfying. Robe never promoted himself. Never. I always thought he was an underappreciated leader locally because people did not know his true mission. I am happy that so many people are sharing their stories about his impact.
    I know I was specifically talking about this board. It was very quiet that day. I too have enjoyed everything being posted on Facebook etc

Default Re: Coach Robichaux Tribute Video

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I found the tribute video made by Darren Walker that was played at Coach Robes wake last night. Great job by Mr. Darren Walker!

Wow. Nice. Thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post

It was tough to watch last night, but certainly encompasses who he was as a man. Great tribute!

They broke the mold. A man among men.

13. People Wear Red Today

Robichaux Family Asks Community To Wear Red, Participate In Coach Robichaux's Funeral Today

I made myself watch that entire video yesterday at the visitation despite the tears it elicited. Great job by Darren.

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    I was blown away by the turnout as well. And equally amazed that these family members stood as one for all those hours, greeting everyone, mostly with a smile on their face. Their strength during everything was amazing.

Last night, former players and their wives met at the Stadium Club for a time of fellowship and food (and some drink.) Many of them had never seen Russo Park. I thanked as many of them as I could for helping to build the park.

Because every one of them did.

I had a chance to visit with Matt Deggs, Lance Harvell, Jason Gonzales and Wade Simoneaux. Saw Southeastern coach Matt Riser and Jimmy Ricklefsen, who succeeded Robe as coach at McNeese.

And, an older gentleman came up to me and it took me just a minute to recognize him.

It was former South Alabama coach Steve Kittrell. Somehow, I knew he would be there.

I was on the phone with John Szefc when I got the word on Robe's passing. He will be at the funeral today.
    The Robichaux family showed tremendous strength and compassion yesterday. They are quite simply superb people.

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 . LastLast

Thread Information