Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 . LastLast

Thread: R.I.P. Coach Robichaux

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    Former Ragin' Cajun shortstop Blake Trahan, who made his MLB debut with the Reds last year, felt 'that light' from late UL coach Tony Robichaux.

If you haven't read this, you need to.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    If you haven't read this, you need to.
    Thanks for the bump, bc I didn’t read it.Trahan seems to be quite mature for his age.good for him

Default Re: Reds shortstop Trahan on Robichaux: 'You felt that light'

"But one of the things that always stuck out to me was the part where he said ego was 'Edging God Out.'

"I think that's huge, and huge for me personally as I go out and live my life – you know, getting rid of that ego,"' Trahan added. "That's not the divine within us. That's not the God within us. Just that little saying right there — Edging God Out; ego — is just an incredible way to put it."

Think what this world would be like if just a few more lived this way. I'm going to try and do my part.

Default Re: R.I.P. Coach Robichaux

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    Same here. I think the longevity of the hurt is equivalent to lives affected by the person who has left us. His will be felt with every pitch, every swing, every play. I just hope we as a fan base and the University don't leave Mrs. Colleen and the kids behind in obscurity. She sacrificed for this program too.
    They shared him with us so unselfishly. We owe them a debt that can never be repaid, except by being the people he wanted us to be.

Very touching interview with Jay from yesterday, I believe.

https://espn1420.com/sitting-down-an.he-birds-nest/

Default Re: 'Robichaux wasa fierce competitor' but helped LSU before 2000

Class act.

I think black will be appropriate cajun gear for a while.

7. UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: R.I.P. Coach Robichaux

Very surreal week. Still can't fathom him passing in the hospital after his initial procedure.

I'm very sorry for his wife and family. This is a great loss to Acadiana, and Lafayette in particular. Some few people are bigger than their individual lives. Robe was clearly a man whose life was devoted to being a representative for Christ.

8. People Remembering Robichaux: Leger pours his heart out

Too emotional to talk about it in full on the telephone when longtime Ragin’ Cajuns coach Tony Robichaux died Wednesday, pitcher Gunner Leger — who spent a five-season career under Robichaux at UL, ending this year — took time to write down his thoughts and share them on Friday with The Daily Advertiser.

Leger, son of Cajuns assistant football coach and former Pittsburgh Pirates minor-leaguer Tim Leger, was the Sun Belt Conference’s Pitcher of the Year in 2017. He was drafted by the Miami Marlins in ’17, but did not sign. Leger instead underwent elbow and leg surgeries, sat out all of 2018 while rehabbing and returned for an injury-hampered final season this year.

Bump

10. People https://www.theadvertiser.com/story/sports/college/ul/2019/07/06/those-who-covered-robichaux-cl

"Great coach, better man" is a cliche, but it "never fit anybody any better" than UL's Robichaux, says former sports information director Dan McDonald

11. People Robichaux's Cajuns had 'certain values, certain qualities'

Longtime Ragin’ Cajuns play-by-play man Jay Walker may never forget the day Tony Robichaux clinched his first Sun Belt Conference championship.

It was 1997, and Robichaux was late in his third of 25 seasons as head coach at UL

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Bump
    The board has been eerily quiet today. Maybe 3 posts all day. I know everyone is mourning and the sadness is great within all of us. What more can you say? I don’t know I’m still in shock. It is gonna be weird seeing someone else walking out of the dugout to go talk to pitchers or walking towards home plate to meet with the umps and opposing coach before the games.

Quote Originally Posted by RC8 View Post
    The board has been eerily quiet today. Maybe 3 posts all day. I know everyone is mourning and the sadness is great within all of us. What more can you say? I don’t know I’m still in shock. It is gonna be weird seeing someone else walking out of the dugout to go talk to pitchers or walking towards home plate to meet with the umps and opposing coach before the games.

I think after the funeral etc is done, people will attempt to achieve normal. Just going to take awhile. I'm thinking when football ramps up for the 2019 campaign we ll see a little trend to normalcy.

14. People Robichaux toiled 'to turn boys into men'

To his dying day, the coach from Crowley wanted to be remembered not for what he did but instead for who he was. Robichaux, 57, passed away Wednesday, 10 days after suffering a heart attack. When he is laid to rest Monday in his hometown, his wish will be realized

Quote Originally Posted by RC8 View Post
    Don’t worry.there will be plenty of opinions when replacement talks come up.all of the professional athletic directors from this past season will get there chance to shine.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 . LastLast

Thread Information