Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 . LastLast

Thread: R.I.P. Coach Robichaux

Ragin' Cajuns Re: R.I.P. Coach Robichaux

so saddened by this news. my heart goes out to his family. RIP, Coach.

Default Re: R.I.P. Coach Robichaux

For years, robe would go to the mound and often would take out a pitcher who had gone long enough. There were many times I remember where you could see the pitcher didn't want to come out of the game, but Coach knew better and didn't want to abuse that poor player. The fielders around would be left angry and upset that Robe pulled a guy just for one hit, or a base on balls, or a missed pitch. In almost all cases, the pitcher would give up the ball willingly knowing Robe was right even if the rest of the field wasn't sure about the decision. Today, God was the coach, Robe was the pitcher, and we're just the fielders trying to make sense of why God pulled Robe. We may not understand, but God has his reasons, the best thing we can do is finish the game the way Robe would have wanted us to, giving everything we have and leaving a legacy he can be proud of. Rest in peace coach, you'll be missed, but thankfully today you are in a better place than any of us

Hogan Harris started last night for the Vermont Lake Monsters, Oakland A's short season A team. 3.2 IP, 1 H, 8 K, 0 BB, 0 R. Here is the cap he wore. Struck out 8 of 12 batters faced.

Now I know what is needed, a club house"TONY ROBICHAUX CLUB HOUSE".And one that will rival any in the country. It is ripe for the big money now.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    Now I know what is needed, a club house"TONY ROBICHAUX CLUB HOUSE".And one that will rival any in the country. It is ripe for the big money now.
    I actually thought the same thing last night Frenchie. My understanding was they had a plan and some money commitments but probably not enough to complete it. I know Tony mentioned this as a players gift to players but maybe us non-players could help.

That might be appropriate. Signifying the place where he did the majority of his life lessons. I’m in for some $$$$s if needed

Whoever is the money raiser needs to get out their NOW. Go to all the big major oil service company's. Now is the time. I think they will come through. Don't let this slip through the cracks. I got my hands in my pockets now. Don't let his memory slip away

And a statue right in front of RussoThis could be from the fans.

Whoever is the money raiser needs to get out their NOW. Go to all the big major oil service company's. Now is the time. I think they will come through. Don't let this slip through the cracks. I got my hands in my pockets now. Don't let his memory slip away
    There's a group that will be working on this.

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    Jay, thanks for yesterday's show This broadcast will go down as the best testament to a man in this parts ever !!!! AFter all I heard, I knew very little of the mans contribution to society at the end.

11. Default Re: R.I.P. Coach Robichaux

I received the news yesterday via notification from KATC. It was a punch to the gut. I've been concerned from the moment I heard they moved Coach Robichaux to Oschners in New Orleans.

I spent time listening to ESPN1420 and reading the outpouring of sympathy from coaches, athletes past and present, and the community for Coach Robichaux online. The magnitude of impact he had on the lives of others is truly amazing. But, at the end of the day, I imagine Coach Robichaux would just view it as answering his calling in life. Tony Robichaux, a man of faith, who approached life with care, compassion, and love for others, and was humble through it all. We can all learn from the way he lived his life. God Bless Coach Robichaux.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Jay, thanks for yesterday's show This broadcast will go down as the best testament to a man in this parts ever !!!! AFter all I heard, I knew very little of the mans contribution to society at the end.
    Concur. Caught the show as I was leaving work. Hadn’t seen any news from earlier and was initially caught off guard, thinking to myself for just a moment “why are they talking in past tense”, then realized, oh no, say it isn’t so!! I’ve only been able to follow UL Baseball from a distance having left Lafayette in 1980 for my Air Force career; but have always admired Coach Robe for the way he represented our university, and the obvious impact he has had on molding young men. His legacy will last a long, LONG time!
    As a couple of you have already mentioned, my initial thought was about building and naming the clubhouse in his honor! Get er done!! 🙏🏻🤟

I’m hearing the wake will be at the Cajundome Convention Center this Sunday from 3-9 pm (rosary at 7)

Viewing (10 am-2 pm) and Funeral (2 pm) at Fatima Church on Monday

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    Thanks for putting it up on the website for those that couldn't catch it live. I hope I can figure out a way to save it for future listening.

ETA: It would be nice if Turbine or 1420 created a permanent link to the audio and some of Coach Robe's more memorable Saturday morning interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    I’m hearing the wake will be at the Cajundome Convention Center this Sunday from 3-9 pm (rosary at 7)

Viewing (10 am-2 pm) and Funeral (2 pm) at Fatima Church on Monday
    Do you know who is in charge of the funeral?

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 . LastLast

Thread Information