Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 . LastLast

Thread: R.I.P. Coach Robichaux

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    Nelson Schexnyder, did a great favor at the time I did know of what magnitude, for me. He knew per a conversation we had, that I had more time than money to give the University. He called me over to his office and introduced me to someone I had never heard of until this First Day of Tony Robichaux's time as the Head Coach of then USL. What a gift to me, my family and friends! Many stories followed, but one of the first was about giving back to the fans. Attendance was a mere 250/game. Each and every year after that something was done to the Stadium for the fans. Little did I know that sometime later the game day attendance would swell to over 5,000, which WE all know pales in comparison to the magnitude and numbers of young men/women, fathers and mothers, Fans and Families HE made richer in faith, through HIS faith in God, and guided actions here on earth. I will always LOVE you Tony, my friend. I have NO doubt you are in Heaven, as you did on earth as we should all do, so we too may one day be with Our Father also! Prayers will continue from my family and many others you have touched throughout the years, for YOU and your loving family. Tony, you ARE a MAN among Men! RIP
    Yes absolutely the next coach has a pair of shoes to fill that no one can fathom. Replacing a man that is revered going to be impossible.

Default Re: R.I.P. Coach Robichaux

UL will have to fill the Head Baseball coaching position in the near future. I'm convinced that Dr. Maggard will hire (or appoint) a very capable baseball coach, but he will never be able to replace Tony Robichaux!

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    UL will have to fill the Head Baseball coaching position in the near future. I'm convinced that Dr. Maggard will hire (or appoint) a very capable baseball coach, but he will never be able to replace Tony Robichaux!

Exactly

Default Re: Coach Robichaux Updates & Well Wishes

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    This is so far beyond baseball. My heart is broken for his family. What a great example of being a servant leader and always being an example of faith and dedication to your family and community.
    Well said. RIP Coach Robe.

5. People Jonathan Lucroy credits Robichaux for opportunity to play in major leagues

"He wasn’t in it for the money. He wasn’t in it for glory. He wasn’t in it for anything other than making the boys that he brought into the school there into men."

Lets all wear our Ragin' Cajuns gear throughout the state and country this holiday weekend in memory of Coach Robe. I have mine on now!

7. Default Re: R.I.P. Coach Robichaux

I wish that I could say something about this great man that hasn't already been said. All I can say is that I wish I would have known him better. Unlike the many of you who knew him very well, I missed out on fully knowing what the Good Lord made and gave to us. RIP Coach. What you accomplished and who you were can, in reality, never be replaced.

We all should have great faith and hope for the future. Why? Our biggest fan is in Heaven. .sniff. I have great faith the next guy will have an incredible amount of support and help from the school, fans and the entire college baseball community.

Whomever takes over the program hopefully will have the same priorities and mentorship goals that made Robe stand tall in this beautiful game.

I understand now how trivial and petty was my fretting over wins and losses. Those things are meaningless compared to the legacy of good human beings that emerge from the Cajun baseball program year after year after year, carrying with them his teachings for generation after generation.

His legacy will live on in those players, and there can be no greater tribute.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    espn will be airing nothing but Robe after 1400 hrs today Going to be good to hear the man honored by all of us Sad, sad day.
    Scott placed the four hours of testimonials to Coach Robe on the ESPN1420 Facebook page. Well worth listening to. Emotional but also therapeutic.

Instead of retiring #36.I would be in favor of all future head baseball coaches wearing his number to honor him as The Godfather of UL baseball

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    Heart breaking

Retire his number across the athletic department.

Sad day for the Lafayette community. Hell, for the whole college baseball community. Robe put his heart and soul into this program and his players. I really thought he would pull through. You could never question this man’s character. And you just know Green Onions was playing at the pearly gates. RIP, Coach.

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 . LastLast

Thread Information