Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 . LastLast

Thread: R.I.P. Coach Robichaux

Default Re: R.I.P. Coach Robichaux

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    And a fraction of the discussion is baseball related.wow
    That is exactly how Robe would have wanted it.

3. Default Re: R.I.P. Coach Robichaux

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    .Have they announced the actual cause of death.so fast and what medical events took placegoing to Oshners, all was done.RIP

This world lost not only a great coach, but a great life teacher and great man. Words alone cannot describe how great of a man Coach Robe was. His time on earth is done, but his legacy lives on. The Lord was ready for him. We need more men like Coach Robe to make this earth a better place to live. Sadly there are fewer and fewer like Coach Robe. I know he is in his World Series permanently which is The World Series of Heaven which is everlasting. RIP Coach Robe.

5. People 'Robichaux was a fierce competitor' but helped LSU before 2000

Louisiana and LSU were strange bedfellows to say the least when the NCAA decided to have the two rival baseball programs share the same hotel at the College World Series in Omaha, Nebraska, in 2000.

UL was a rising program under fifth-year coach Tony Robichaux and at its first CWS, having upset South Carolina on the road in the Super Regional to become the first and last Sun Belt Conference team to reach Omaha. LSU was after its fifth national championship in 10 years under Coach Skip Bertman.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    This world lost not only a great coach, but a great life teacher and great man. Words alone cannot describe how great of a man Coach Robe was. His time on earth is done, but his legacy lives on. The Lord was ready for him. We need more men like Coach Robe to make this earth a better place to live. Sadly there are fewer and fewer like Coach Robe. I know he is in his World Series permanently which is The World Series of Heaven which is everlasting. RIP Coach Robe.
    Well said, I along with my family have know Tony for a long time, My older brother was real close to Tony, and he ( Tony) was a special guy. Over the years, we had the good fortune of employing numerous baseball players during the off season, and trust me Tony and his aids paid close attention to their work effort, attitude etc. In my view Tony was Particularly unusual in the coaching and sports world. The real testament to Tony will come from his former and current players. His motto of making men out of boys is fitting. While this is truly difficult times for his family, friends, former players and the University, the good news is, there is no doubt that he going to a good place in heaven.
    RIP Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    Like many, I met Coach Robe a few times at Diamond Clubs and such, but def wouldn’t say we “knew” each other.but one thing I think of often and was able to learn from him was the Father’s Day article in the Advertiser a few years back and the story he told of a father going thru old boxes in his attic.when he came across a journal from his sons childhood, he found a page from a day they went fishing.the fathers notes read “Went fishing today, it was hot, didn’t catch anything, terrible day on the water”.flips page to the sons entry and reads “Me and dad went fishing today. Was the best day ever”.what a great reminder of what the true rewards of life are.

I have heard that a man and his life can have 2 deaths. One is the physical death. The other is when he is no longer remembered by others. With the impact Coach Robe had on so many I can see his memory living on for many generations. I have never met the man but have learned much from his talks. I apologize for my lack of clarity in this post but hope to be as clear as I can. Thanks for making the world a better place Coach Robe.

Default Re: Coach Robichaux Updates & Well Wishes

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Rest in peace coach. Most of us have faith that we're rewarded for living a good life while we're on this rock, and I have faith you made it to Heaven. Hopefully they gave you a curtain call when you arrived, being that you were taken too soon for us to give you a proper one on the field you built.
    This is a great post. Well said sir (or ma’am).

Quote Originally Posted by Stabil123 View Post
    Well said, I along with my family have know Tony for a long time, My older brother was real close to Tony, and he ( Tony) was a special guy. Over the years, we had the good fortune of employing numerous baseball players during the off season, and trust me Tony and his aids paid close attention to their work effort, attitude etc. In my view Tony was Particularly unusual in the coaching and sports world. The real testament to Tony will come from his former and current players. His motto of making men out of boys is fitting. While this is truly difficult times for his family, friends, former players and the University, the good news is, there is no doubt that he going to a good place in heaven.
    RIP Tony
    I'm certain it's been a difficult day for you and your family. Tony touched many of us outside the realm of baseball and I can't imagine how difficult today has been for his family. I hope everyone keeps the Robichauxs in their prayers this week. Tomorrow will be especially hard on them.

11. People Coach Robichaux was 'one of the good guys'

The Ragin’ Cajun and college baseball communities reacted with a mix of disbelief and sadness to the news that beloved UL coach Tony Robichaux had passed away Wednesday.

Robichaux, who coached the Cajuns for 25 seasons, suffered a heart attack June 23.

He was 57

I am so very sad today. Sad that we have lost an asset to the university we all love. But more that the world has lost an incredible human being. We are all not as good as we were yesterday because a man like Tony Robichaux made everyone better.

I am glad that I had the privilege to meet him on a couple of occasions. I remember walking away saying wow. This guy should run the university. He should run the state. He should run the country. But he chose a different path. From the bottom up. Teach kids how to live life the right way. That will do more than influencing adults. And he sent hundreds of not thousands of quality young men into the world and for that we should forever greatful.

My biggest regret today is that we could not say thank you properly. I always envisioned a packed stadium standing for 15 minutes as he retired to spend his later years with his family.

Thanks Tony. RIP

Quote Originally Posted by bigearl View Post
    If we are ever forced to change the name of the stadium from Russo Park, picking a new name will be the easiest decision in the history of decisions. When I think of "a man" I think of my grandpa, my uncle and Tony Robicheaux. Gonna miss you coach. Godspeed.
    Now is not the day but the powers MUST have the stadium named after Tony Robichaux. A discussion for another day

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    I am shocked and so sad to learn of Coach Robe's passing. Words cannot express how I'm feeling at this moment. What a great man he was. So sad to see someone so young and great taken so early where others who don't deserve more day on this earth live on. God bless Coach Robe and his family during this difficult time. Thanks for the memories Coach!! Some say theres no crying in baseball. I say go ahead and cry.
    I am. I don’t cry often

Nelson Schexnyder, did a great favor at the time I did know of what magnitude, for me. He knew per a conversation we had, that I had more time than money to give the University. He called me over to his office and introduced me to someone I had never heard of until this First Day of Tony Robichaux's time as the Head Coach of then USL. What a gift to me, my family and friends! Many stories followed, but one of the first was about giving back to the fans. Attendance was a mere 250/game. Each and every year after that something was done to the Stadium for the fans. Little did I know that sometime later the game day attendance would swell to over 5,000, which WE all know pales in comparison to the magnitude and numbers of young men/women, fathers and mothers, Fans and Families HE made richer in faith, through HIS faith in God, and guided actions here on earth. I will always LOVE you Tony, my friend. I have NO doubt you are in Heaven, as you did on earth as we should all do, so we too may one day be with Our Father also! Prayers will continue from my family and many others you have touched throughout the years, for YOU and your loving family. Tony, you ARE a MAN among Men! RIP

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 . LastLast

Thread Information