Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 . LastLast

Thread: R.I.P. Coach Robichaux

Default Re: R.I.P. Coach Robichaux

It's hard to imagine UL baseball without Coach Robe. There was always going to be a time that brought life after Robe for Cajuns baseball but not like this. I never got the chance to meet Coach like many of you but even I feel an emptiness when I think about baseball without him around. We owe him a great debt of gratitude for everything that he invested into our program, university and community. May his legacy never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeese72 View Post
    We are stunned and saddened by the news over here. My condolences to Coach Rob's family and to all the Ragin Cajun fan.

Doc
    Thanks Doc. I hope you guys are doing well

Z

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDawg View Post
    Blown away by this terrible news! Our thoughts & prayers are with Y’all! Fantastic Coach, a better Man.
    Appreciate the thoughts and prayers, BD.

Z

Default Re: Coach Robichaux Updates & Well Wishes

Quote Originally Posted by ChouCajunDawg View Post
    Just saw this on a news feed, no words. His legacy will forever be on the university and the state of Louisiana. Very sad day.
    Thanks CCD

Z

Very sad and shocking. What a loss on so many levels. Condolences to the Robichaux family and all Cajun fans

Default Re: Robichaux Dies

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    He was a molder of men, a deeply religious person who took more satisfaction in preparing college-aged kids for life — faith, fatherhood, fortitude — than he did in low ERAs and high batting averages.

Give credit where due. Buckley did an excellent job on this article.

Tough few days for Lucroy. Lost his mentor and a teammate days apart.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    "Nowhere in the bible does it say how to be a great baseball player. But it's pretty clear what kind of man you should become." Coach Tony Robichaux

Coach Robe is more than a coach, he has been the moral compass for the university for 25 years and a role model for both players, fans and our community. His players graduate and become outstanding men in our communities, fathers, husbands, brothers and yes men of God.

We are only a couple of years apart in age, but Coach has been a mentor and a friend. The word "coach" can mean so many things to different people. A hundred years ago coach was a stagecoach. Think about it, is a coach much different today? He takes the team and puts it on his back and carries them on their journey.

He ranks up with the greatest men I ever knew. Rest in peace coach, you always had time for a picture, you were the last one to leave the stadium and the clubhouse. You were more than a Coach to me, you were a friend & mentor. #RIPCoachRobe #GeauxCajuns I love you!

"We teach our kids to use the game of baseball, not the game use them." Coach Tony Robichaux
    Amen Brother! It's been a very difficult day.

Default Re: Coach Robichaux Updates & Well Wishes

I'm still in shock. Just sick. Coach, your legacy will live on forever. RIP Sir.

Oiler's Avatar Oiler is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

What a horribly sad day for all of us. RIP coach Robe.

This hurts.

Rest in peace Coach Robe. God's work was done on this earth, I can only guess.

My prayers go out to his family as well.

This afternoon listening to 1420 is gut wrenching. Amazing hearing how many lives this one man touched during his 57 years on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    This afternoon listening to 1420 is gut wrenching. Amazing hearing how many lives this one man touched during his 57 years on earth.
    And a fraction of the discussion is baseball related.wow

Quote Originally Posted by LsuULfan View Post
    Very sad and shocking. What a loss on so many levels. Condolences to the Robichaux family and all Cajun fans
    Thanks T-nom.

Z

Have never been this shook up about losing someone I have never met. I can’t imagine what his family, friend and players (former and current) are going through.

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 . LastLast

Thread Information