Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 . LastLast

Thread: R.I.P. Coach Robichaux

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    "Nowhere in the bible does it say how to be a great baseball player. But it's pretty clear what kind of man you should become." Coach Tony Robichaux

Coach Robe is more than a coach, he has been the moral compass for the university for 25 years and a role model for both players, fans and our community. His players graduate and become outstanding men in our communities, fathers, husbands, brothers and yes men of God.

We are only a couple of years apart in age, but Coach has been a mentor and a friend. The word "coach" can mean so many things to different people. A hundred years ago coach was a stagecoach. Think about it, is a coach much different today? He takes the team and puts it on his back and carries them on their journey.

He ranks up with the greatest men I ever knew. Rest in peace coach, you always had time for a picture, you were the last one to leave the stadium and the clubhouse. You were more than a Coach to me, you were a friend & mentor. #RIPCoachRobe #GeauxCajuns I love you!

"We teach our kids to use the game of baseball, not the game use them." Coach Tony Robichaux
    Well said. Rest easy, Coach.

Default Re: R.I.P. Coach Robichaux

One of the greatest losses our community and University has ever experienced. A true leader, role model and a great man. God bless you Coach Robe, thank you for making the world a little better place. It was an honor to cross paths with you in this life.

Prayers for all his family

I am stunned. I have never met coach Robe, but I have been a baseball fan for most of the time he has been here. He has always been baseball at UL for me. I am so sad for his family. Some people get declared "great men" after they pass. Robe has proven himself to be a high character individual long before his passing. No one can ever replace robe.

Rest in Peace Coach Robe. You will be missed.

RIP Coach Robe. Go with God. All my prayers go out to your family. 🙏🙏🙏

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    RIP Coach Robe. Go with God. All my prayers go out to your family. 🙏🙏🙏
    I am shocked and so sad to learn of Coach Robe's passing. Words cannot express how I'm feeling at this moment. What a great man he was. So sad to see someone so young and great taken so early where others who don't deserve more day on this earth live on. God bless Coach Robe and his family during this difficult time. Thanks for the memories Coach!! Some say theres no crying in baseball. I say go ahead and cry.

Getting all misty eyed reading all the quotes and messages from his players, friends, the community and others. We all knew he was a great man while he was with us, but it makes you realize how much was lost to so many now that he's no longer here. And also how much his influence will live on in the lives of others. I don't think you can ask from much more of a legacy.

Blown away by this terrible news! Our thoughts & prayers are with Y’all! Fantastic Coach, a better Man.

10. Default Re: R.I.P. Coach Robichaux

Many prayers for Coach who is now up in heaven and for his family members.

RIP Coach Robe!!!!

I just hope they have someone who can play Green Onions in Heaven.

It’s tough listening to 1420. Misty eyed indeed

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    "Nowhere in the bible does it say how to be a great baseball player. But it's pretty clear what kind of man you should become." Coach Tony Robichaux

Coach Robe is more than a coach, he has been the moral compass for the university for 25 years and a role model for both players, fans and our community. His players graduate and become outstanding men in our communities, fathers, husbands, brothers and yes men of God.

We are only a couple of years apart in age, but Coach has been a mentor and a friend. The word "coach" can mean so many things to different people. A hundred years ago coach was a stagecoach. Think about it, is a coach much different today? He takes the team and puts it on his back and carries them on their journey.

He ranks up with the greatest men I ever knew. Rest in peace coach, you always had time for a picture, you were the last one to leave the stadium and the clubhouse. You were more than a Coach to me, you were a friend & mentor. #RIPCoachRobe #GeauxCajuns I love you!

"We teach our kids to use the game of baseball, not the game use them." Coach Tony Robichaux
    I can't say it better than that

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDawg View Post
    Blown away by this terrible news! Our thoughts & prayers are with Y’all! Fantastic Coach, a better Man.
    Many thanks.

Tony is enjoying ultimate healing in the presence of his (and our's) Lord and Savior. Tony walked the talk.

God's grace and blessings will continue for those left behind through the lives he touched.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 . LastLast

Thread Information