Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 . LastLast

Thread: R.I.P. Coach Robichaux

Default Re: Coach Robichaux Updates & Well Wishes

RIP Coach

2. Default Re: Coach Robichaux Updates & Well Wishes

Years ago, I was trying to explain to someone who coach Robe was and during my explanation, I kept talking about how he focused on making the boys into men and how he can transform their lives from an empty shell to a completely fulfilled one by doing more for others by spreading the word of the lord. I didn't even mention anything about his baseball coaching abilities, that's just secondary. I can't think of one person who can be known so much for something completely different outside of what they do professionally.

3. Default Re: R.I.P. Coach Robichaux

I'm at a loss for words. Coach was an ambassador for our school, our conference and the sport of baseball - and a great man who molded other fine young men.

May he rest in peace and his loved ones take comfort in knowing he is in paradise.

Default Re: R.I.P. Coach Robichaux

A man among men. Rest in peace, Coach Robichaux.

Default Re: Coach Robichaux Updates & Well Wishes

Searching for answers? I am. Punch in the gut is right.

First of all, may his family find peace soon.

I don't know if this will help anybody, but these words from Robe have been going through my head today. I think he would want us to remember him this way and these words in particular more than anything else.

RIP Coach

We are stunned and saddened by the news over here. My condolences to Coach Rob's family and to all the Ragin Cajun fan.

Doc

His one of his lasting legacies will be getting the Sunbelt to not play baseball on Easter Sunday. This speaks of his character and of his love of the Lord. Peace be with Coach Robe.

espn will be airing nothing but Robe after 1400 hrs today Going to be good to hear the man honored by all of us Sad, sad day.

Tragic. Sad. Gut wrenching. I hope his family can be uplifted somewhat by the prayers of the faithful.

"Nowhere in the bible does it say how to be a great baseball player. But it's pretty clear what kind of man you should become." Coach Tony Robichaux

Coach Robe is more than a coach, he has been the moral compass for the university for 25 years and a role model for both players, fans and our community. His players graduate and become outstanding men in our communities, fathers, husbands, brothers and yes men of God.

We are only a couple of years apart in age, but Coach has been a mentor and a friend. The word "coach" can mean so many things to different people. A hundred years ago coach was a stagecoach. Think about it, is a coach much different today? He takes the team and puts it on his back and carries them on their journey.

He ranks up with the greatest men I ever knew. Rest in peace coach, you always had time for a picture, you were the last one to leave the stadium and the clubhouse. You were more than a Coach to me, you were a friend & mentor. #RIPCoachRobe #GeauxCajuns I love you!

"We teach our kids to use the game of baseball, not the game use them." Coach Tony Robichaux

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    "Nowhere in the bible does it say how to be a great baseball player. But it's pretty clear what kind of man you should become." Coach Tony Robichaux

Coach Robe is more than a coach, he has been the moral compass for the university for 25 years and a role model for both players, fans and our community. His players graduate and become outstanding men in our communities, fathers, husbands, brothers and yes men of God.

We are only a couple of years apart in age, but Coach has been a mentor and a friend. The word "coach" can mean so many things to different people. A hundred years ago coach was a stagecoach. Think about it, is a coach much different today? He takes the team and puts it on his back and carries them on their journey.

He ranks up with the greatest men I ever knew. Rest in peace coach, you always had time for a picture, you were the last one to leave the stadium and the clubhouse. You were more than a Coach to me, you were a friend & mentor. #RIPCoachRobe #GeauxCajuns I love you!

"We teach our kids to use the game of baseball, not the game use them." Coach Tony Robichaux

Indeed !!! The Robeisms will live on forever.

I wish nothing but peace for his family and loved ones. This one most definitely hurts. Rest In Peace, Coach.

UL and Lafayette lost a great ambassador as well as a great man.

Hopefully, the univ will do something that will honor his legacy forever

14. People Robichaux Dies

He was a molder of men, a deeply religious person who took more satisfaction in preparing college-aged kids for life — faith, fatherhood, fortitude — than he did in low ERAs and high batting averages.

Heartbreaking. What an irreplaceable loss for his family. He will be greatly missed and never forgotten.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 . LastLast

Thread Information