Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 . LastLast

Thread: R.I.P. Coach Robichaux

Quote Originally Posted by bigearl View Post
    If we are ever forced to change the name of the stadium from Russo Park, picking a new name will be the easiest decision in the history of decisions. Gonna miss you coach. Godspeed.
    Robichaux Park at TM Field.works for me.

Default Re: Coach Robichaux Updates & Well Wishes

3. Default Re: Coach Robichaux Updates & Well Wishes

There are no words. There are just no words.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Robichaux Park at TM Field.works for me.
    This needs to be done now and without state approval. Just do it and let someone try to raise some flack about it and watch what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by bigearl View Post
    If we are ever forced to change the name of the stadium from Russo Park, picking a new name will be the easiest decision in the history of decisions. When I think of "a man" I think of my grandpa, my uncle and Tony Robicheaux. Gonna miss you coach. Godspeed.
    Crews should already be taking that sign down and putting up Tony Robichaux Park. We could never honor that man enough but that’s a good start.

So unreal. Very very sad day. RIP Coach Robe

7. Default Re: Coach Robichaux Updates & Well Wishes

He was an unbelievable person. All of us lucky enough to have known him are better off for it. I hope to one day impact a fraction of the lives he did.

I cannot find the words. RIP Coach. Prayers for you and your family.

Sitting at Russo Park wont be the same. You can't wash away 25 years of memories that this great man as brought and shared with his Cajun Family. His visit when I was in the hospital in 2001 with a heart attack will remain with me. I so wished I could have done the same. I will miss you coach.

10. People Iconic UL baseball coach Tony Robichaux dies

Tony Robichaux, the highly regarded leader of the UL Ragin' Cajuns' baseball program for more than two decades and the all-time winningest coach in program history, has died after suffering a heart attack June 23.
    He was 57 years old.

Other than thinking of his family, I can't begin to imagine what the team of 17 to 20 year olds are going through losing their leader. Probably the first time any of these young men have had to deal with a death. And so many of them are away from home playing summer ball, keep those men in your thoughts and prayers as well.

I'm shocked and saddened by this. A complete gut punch that seems so unfair.

I only knew him from what I've read about him over the years, but I believe he would be the first to tell us that the world is not always fair and that we can overcome the cruelty of this world by moving forward and persevering until we are all together again. My sincerest condolences go out to the Robichaux family and may God bless them.

The Lord just got himself a damn good baseball coach.

13. Default Re: Coach Robichaux Updates & Well Wishes

Quote Originally Posted by ultracajun View Post
    I'm shocked and saddened by this. A complete gut punch that seems so unfair.

I only knew him from what I've read about him over the,years, but I believe he would be the first to tell us that the world is not always fair and that we can overcome the cruelty of this world by moving forward and persevering until we are all together again. My sincerest condolences go out to the Robichaux family and may God bless them.

The lord just got himself a damn good baseball coach.
    And a better person.

14. People Tony Robichaux, Longtime Louisiana Baseball Head Coach, Passes Away at 57

Louisiana Baseball head coach Tony Robichaux passed away Wednesday morning with his family and loved ones at his side at Ochsner Medical Center in New Orleans.

Coach Robichaux, the winningest head coach in Ragin' Cajuns Baseball history, leaves behind a legacy of servant leadership, compassion and faith that extends beyond the baseball diamond and into the lives of the thousands of student-athletes and staff he impacted in his 25 seasons leading the program.
    _
    At this time, the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Department of Athletics asks that fans and the general public keep the Robichaux family and baseball program in their thoughts and prayers.

The rest of the story
    Louisiana AD

Just saw this on a news feed, no words. His legacy will forever be on the university and the state of Louisiana. Very sad day.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 . LastLast

Thread Information