Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst . 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: R.I.P. Coach Robichaux

Default Re: R.I.P. Coach Robichaux

Here’s a link to the Homily from Robe’s funeral today. It was very well done by Fr. Sibley. He really hit it out the park for Coach.

https://m.soundcloud.com/fathersible.chauxs-funeral

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAlum10 View Post
    Here’s a link to the Homily from Robe’s funeral today. It was very well done by Fr. Sibley. He really hit it out the park for Coach.

Wow.Id say Fr Sibley knocked it out the park as well.thanks so much for sharing that, 10.

3. People Maggard comforts Cajuns on Robichaux funeral day

Thousands stood in line to pay their respect during a six-hour wake held Sunday at the Cajundome Convention Center, and on Sunday more than 1,200 or so packed pews of the church on Johnson Street to say a final goodbye before Robichaux was driven away to be buried in his hometown of Crowley.

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    That last sentence is what I told her when I hugged her last night. I am sure I am not the only one
    Nope

The best and most appropriate Homily I have ever heard at a funeral! Very well done Fr. Sibley!

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Jay, you and Coach Bab really need to write a book on Tony. Deggs could do the foreward.
    Talktomewillis = BOP?

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Talktomewillis = BOP?
    Little slow there buddy.

There was a great turnout by people along the route starting in Lafayette, Rayne, and in Crowley.

Thanks for sharing.

Default Re: Coach Robichaux Tribute Video

Great tribute to a very special man!

Quote Originally Posted by cajunref View Post
    Little slow there buddy.
    Can’t say I’ve ever paid much attention to Willis.

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    I appreciate the kind words about the piece I wrote. I sat down at the computer on four occasions and nothing came out until yesterday. I'm grateful if it meant something to you.
    Jay—I know this was probably the hardest piece you’ve EVER had to write, but once the words started flowing, this has to be the FINEST to come from you, My Friend, and a fitting tribute to Tony!! I would like to take this opportunity to thank you and ALL the on-air personalities at ESPN1420 for publicly sharing your grief over Coach’s passing these past days. I for one have shed many a tear listening to the reminiscing about Robe from you guys and from the heartfelt callers sharing THEIR stories about encounters with him—it’s been both heartbreaking AND therapeutic!
    I know I told you this on FB, but I wanted to share with RP that I spent this past weekend in Houston with some long-time USLBand friends and we went to the Astros game on Saturday night. We were wearing our UL gear in memory of Robe, as while walking back with the crowd to our hotel after the game, we had several complete strangers come up and tell us how sorry they were to hear about Tony’ passing—we were BLOWN AWAY with pride over the reach that this humble man had!!
    Rest Easy, Coach Robe—you will NEVER be forgotten!!

13. Default Honor His Legacy

Mike Conrad wrote this and I wanted to share here. I hope he doesn’t mind.

These last six days have been hard on a lot of people in the Lafayette community and for our university. We lost a great man in Coach Tony Robichaux who we laid to rest today.

I’ve only been a UL baseball season ticket holder since 2012 so I can only speak for my time there in just a few years. But what I can tell you is that it’s my “happy place” for those who know me and know my love for the game of baseball. I’ve made many new friends during my time there and I’m thankful for each and everyone of them.

Tony Robichaux created a culture that just wasn’t about baseball. It wasn’t about wins and losses. It was about how to be as a human being. As a person. My prayers go out to him, his family and all of the UL baseball community but with that being said, now more than ever our fan base is needed and needed in a big way.

I know a lot of people have invested money, time, and energy toward this program for many years and one of the reasons that they did was because a Coach Robe and the man he was and what he stood for. To those people I say, we need you. We need you to be there for these players, this coaching staff, and this university more than we’ve ever needed you before. Coach Robe wouldn’t want it any other way. We can’t quit. That’s not who we are.

Wins and losses are just that, wins and losses. Right now, it’s about staying the course. It’s about moving forward. It’s about patience. It’s about understanding. It’s about doing the right thing and that’s continued support for this program and the university.

I hope and pray that Cajun Nation gets behind these players in full support for the 2020 season. These kids and Coach Robe deserve every bit of that.

Default Re: Honor His Legacy

Amen!

I plan on doubling down my baseball specific contributions to help our next coach and his staff continue the excellence of this baseball program.

I'd also love to see a fundraising drive to fund a scholarship (or multiple scholarships) in Tony's name.

Default Re: Honor His Legacy

Cajun Nation will respond

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst . 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread Information