Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst . 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: R.I.P. Coach Robichaux

Default Re: R.I.P. Coach Robichaux

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    I appreciate the kind words about the piece I wrote. I sat down at the computer on four occasions and nothing came out until yesterday. I'm grateful if it meant something to you.
    Jay, you and Coach Bab really need to write a book on Tony. Deggs could do the foreward.

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    The Robichaux family showed tremendous strength and compassion yesterday. They are quite simply superb people.
    I wonder how many people ended up attending. I went by around 4:00 and when I left the line had gotten even longer to pay respects. Thousands of people in attendance and they stood there and greeted every last one of them.

Default Re: Coach Robichaux Tribute Video

A wonderful tribute!!

Default Re: Coach Robichaux Tribute Video

Have to wait until I'm off work to watch. Thanks for sharing!

5. Default Re: R.I.P. Coach Robichaux

Do y’all think the services is over and have left Fatima??

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    Yes; ended around 3:15 and procession is well on it's way to Crowley. I was out at Blackham and I'm already back at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    Yes the procession passed around 3:25ish.

It hit me pretty hard when his motorcade passed. He was a larger than life figure and will surely be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    Yes; ended around 3:15 and procession is well on it's way to Crowley. I was out at Blackham and I'm already back at work.
    Were there a lot of folks in your area?

9. Default Re: R.I.P. Coach Robichaux

Yup I just missed it!

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Between 20-30 that I could see down Cajundome Blvd.

Video is in the article

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    There were around 50-100 people by the Cajundome

I would say there were around 1,200 people in Fatima Church for the funeral. It seats 950, then you had people all bunched up in the back in standing room only as well as lining the walls down the pews in standing room only. And for all the cr@p we give LSU, I have to tip my cap to their head men in charge. Skip Bertman and Paul Maineri showed up for the funeral and payed their respects to the family.

It's still not quite time to start discussing how to move forward with the baseball program, but I have a pretty great idea of a man that would get my 110% support. And that man is Matt Deggs. Someone who self-proclaims to be saved by Coach Robe and would be an absolute perfect man to carry on Robe's philosophies while also rejuvenating a program that has been sliding ever since he made his exit for Sam Houston State.

RIP Coach Robe, you will never be forgotten. Love you Coach.

Just got back home. Went to see the procession pass by La Grange’s in Crowley. Still can’t come up with right words to say thank you to Coach or his family. Robe says that his wife saved his life in 1988. Imagine the countless lives he saved in the 31 years since then. What a blessing that she shared him with UL and the Cajun Nation for so many of those years.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Just got back home. Went to see the procession pass by La Grange’s in Crowley. Still can’t come up with right words to say thank you to Coach or his family. Robe says that his wife saved his life in 1988. Imagine the countless lives he saved in the 31 years since then. What a blessing that she shared him with UL and the Cajun Nation for so many of those years.
    That last sentence is what I told her when I hugged her last night. I am sure I am not the only one

From the UL Facebook page, with the caption "A fitting end to a dark day. Goodbye, Coach Robe. 🤟."
    A nice rainbow hovering over the FDL in the quad:

Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst . 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread Information