Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 . LastLast

Thread: R.I.P. Coach Robichaux

Default Re: R.I.P. Coach Robichaux

Hey Jay, thanks for answering my question about a potential book about Robe. Id love to read something about the man one day.

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    There's a group that will be working on this.
    Hopefully information on how we can contribute to this effort can be shared on this forum. I am sure it will be on Twitter and Facebook as well.

You never really know what you've got until it's gone. Rest well, Coach Robe!

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    Hey Jay, thanks for answering my question about a potential book about Robe. Id love to read something about the man one day.
    I wonder if the academic folks at UL (maybe English department) can see about helping getting the book published.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I wonder if the academic folks at UL (maybe English department) can see about helping getting the book published.
    The UL Press and the Center for Louisiana Studies.

From KPEL:

According to KATC, funeral arrangements have been made for UL Head Baseball coach who died Wednesday at 57.

A memorial service will be held from 3 to 9 p.m. Sunday at the Cajundome Convention Center.followed by a rosary at 7 p.m.

Monday from 10 a.m to 2 p.m. there will be a viewing and visitation at Our Lady of Fatima Catholic Church. The funeral will begin at 2 p.m.

Is there a Robicheaux, Louisiana? If not might be a neat idea to turn the Tigue into the city limits of Robichaux. Put city limits signs up where you walk into the stadium.

You guys talking about getting money together for Robe projects, the new CEO at Tabasco is a UL Alumni, may be worth a call.

9. People Reds shortstop Trahan on Robichaux: 'You felt that light'

Former Ragin' Cajun shortstop Blake Trahan, who made his MLB debut with the Reds last year, felt 'that light' from late UL coach Tony Robichaux.

10. People Visitation and Funeral Arrangements Scheduled for Head Coach Tony Robichau

Tony Robichaux, the renowned leader of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Baseball for 25 seasons, will be laid to rest Monday, July 8.

Ahead of the funeral mass set for Monday, visitation will take place Sunday, July 7, from 3-9 p.m. at the Cajundome Convention Center. The rosary will be prayed at 7 p.m.

The rest of the story
    Louisiana AD

Very sad news indeed. Thank you Coach for all you have done. You left this Earth much too young. RIP and God Bless your family.

Geesey-Ferguson Funeral Home in Crowley is in charge of arrangements.

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    That might be appropriate. Signifying the place where he did the majority of his life lessons. I’m in for some $$$$s if needed
    It needs to be Moore-Robichaux field by the start of next seaon .

Maybe the Tony Robichaux UL baseball complex

Quote Originally Posted by wscoog View Post
    Is there a Robicheaux, Louisiana? If not might be a neat idea to turn the Tigue into the city limits of Robichaux. Put city limits signs up where you walk into the stadium.
    That would be cool.

OT: incorporate the athletic department into the city of Louisiana. Thus, the University of Louisiana at Louisiana.

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 . LastLast

Thread Information