Thread: Cajuns Soccer Club girls team to represent Louisiana at national championship

1. UL Soccer Cajuns Soccer Club girls team to represent Louisiana at national championship

Cajun Soccer Club Rage Academy will become just the fourth girls' soccer team from Louisiana to ever compete for the U.S. Youth Soccer U19 National Championship.

Default Re: Cajuns Soccer Club girls team to represent Louisiana at national championship

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    Cajun Soccer Club Rage Academy will become just the fourth girls' soccer team from Louisiana to ever compete for the U.S. Youth Soccer U19 National Championship.

Very happy for CSC (especially being involved years back). But keep in perspective, the next time someone chirps about "local talent", this is the fourth time Louisiana is represented in around 30 years of play. Congratulations to them!

And to further keep things in perspective, there is this nugget.

https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/new...n-a-scrimmage/

Default Re: Cajuns Soccer Club girls team to represent Louisiana at national championship

La Fire U14 Girls based in New Orleans are also going to Nationals. Amazing that two Louisiana teams made it and shows there is good talent in Louisiana. I do think hosting the tournament in Baton Rouge helped, as the out of town teams struggled with the humidity. To win teams had to play 6 games in seven days.
    Congrats to both the Rage and Fire.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    La Fire U14 Girls based in New Orleans are also going to Nationals. Amazing that two Louisiana teams made it and shows there is good talent in Louisiana. I do think hosting the tournament in Baton Rouge helped, as the out of town teams struggled with the humidity. To win teams had to play 6 games in seven days.
    Congrats to both the Rage and Fire.
    I know a lot of the girls on the U19 team. One of the more talented groups I've seen in the state. Ten girls on the team are headed to college to play on scholarship. I would say that there has been a marked improvement in overall talent improvement in the past ten years.

This was a southern regional. All those teams are used to the weather. It was very similar to what it was like in North Carolina last year at one of the regionals.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    I know a lot of the girls on the U19 team. One of the more talented groups I've seen in the state. Ten girls on the team are headed to college to play on scholarship. I would say that there has been a marked improvement in overall talent improvement in the past ten years.

This was a southern regional. All those teams are used to the weather. It was very similar to what it was like in North Carolina last year at one of the regionals.
    I was in NC last year, no comparison weather wise. BR (LSA) did a good job and did have a few overcast days, but 6 games in 7 days is a tall order.
    Louisiana has some good players, but the coaching and competition level is so much better in the large metro areas.

In competitive youth soccer there are two primary organizations; U.S. Youth Soccer, and the National Premeir League. The CSC U19 team plays in both leagues. They are currently competing at the NPL national championships in Colorado and are 2-0 in pool play. They play the final pool game today at 12:30 and if they win or tie they advance to the semi-finals.

They then begin play for the U.S. Youth Soccer national championship in Kansas City on July 23rd.

Girls knocked off IMG academy out of Florida ( yes the same IMG academy for football) a little while ago and will play for the NPL national championship tomorrow at 12:00. It will then be a very quick turnaround to go from Colorado to Kansas City to play for the U.S. Youth Soccer national championship.

Good luck girls.

Girls knocked off IMG academy out of Florida ( yes the same IMG academy for football) a little while ago and will play for the NPL national championship tomorrow at 12:00. It will then be a very quick turnaround to go from Colorado to Kansas City to play for the U.S. Youth Soccer national championship.

Good luck girls.
    Can we sign them all and hire their club coach. Lol

CSC U19 Girls are NPL National runner ups. Game was tied 1-1 in regulation and went to overtime with no one scoring. Game came down to PK's and they went down 3-2.

This is the 7th year for the NPL and this was only the second Louisiana team to make it to the championship game on the boys or girls side.

Week off before the U.S. Youth Soccer National championships.

10. Default Re: Cajuns Soccer Club girls team to represent Louisiana at national championship

Good job.

CSC U19 Girls are NPL National runner ups. Game was tied 1-1 in regulation and went to overtime with no one scoring. Game came down to PK's and they went down 3-2.

This is the 7th year for the NPL and this was only the second Louisiana team to make it to the championship game on the boys or girls side.

Week off before the U.S. Youth Soccer National championships.
    La Fire U14 girls won the NPL in Denver going a combined 15-0 in their 5 games. They will also be traveling to KC next week. The Rage team has some special players. Congrats to them. It is extremely rare for Louisiana teams to have success like this.

Thread Information