Thread: Best BBQ Joint in Acadiana

What a Downer Best BBQ Joint in Acadiana

Who y’all got? Go.

Default Re: Best BBQ Joint in Acadiana

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Who y’all got? Go.
    For Central Texas BBQ ...Blanchards bbq

I truly don't find we have many really good BBQ places here but if you like Texas style BBQ like I do, Blanchards is really good.

Blanchard's gets my vote.

Where ya at, Luther's!

Used to like A&B Hendersons in front of Gator Cove. They were only open lunches but really good. I think they closed a few years back

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I truly don't find we have many really good BBQ places here but if you like Texas style BBQ like I do, Blanchards is really good.
    Agreed!

Johnson's Boucaneire is my favorite in Lafayette

for traditional BBQ, there aren't many other good options around Lafayette. Rouses on Bertrand actually has pretty good bbq if you get it fresh

BRQ in Baton Rouge and Central City BBQ in New Orleans are both excellent if you're in those areas

edit: I will have to try Blanchard’s ASAP. It looks very good and I didn’t know about it previously. Looks like they opened where the original Urbano’s was on Pinhook

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    That is true. Many cook the meat too fast and it becomes dry and tough. some actually slather some Jack Millers on it. Meh.

I do find that Dwights has some fairly good BBQ on Sunday. Folks start lining up after 10:00 for them to open at 11:00 and the line stays constant until after 1:00. Poches north of Breaux Bridge is pretty good too. I find that if the chicken is dry and rubbery or the ribs just plain old dry the person at the pit just needs to find something else to do.

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Johnson's Boucaneire

for traditional BBQ, there aren’t many good options around Lafayette

BRQ in Baton Rouge and Central City BBQ in New Orleans are both excellent if you’re in those areas
    Correct I forgot about them.

Anybody try East Gate BBQ?

They have brisket egg rolls on Monday which are really good.

For central Texas Q, Blanchard's for sure. With more of a Cajun flair, it is Johnson's. I also like Dax on Sundays from time to time.

Most of the posters are right though, Lafayette is not the place for "traditional" BBQ for the most part. Cajuns are not into the whole "low and slow" thing.

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    Anybody try East Gate BBQ?

They have brisket egg rolls on Monday which are really good.
    I tried them when they first opened and was disappointed.

My vote would go to the smoked country style pork ribs at Johnson's. I also like it when the pork steaks at Dwight's are so big that it hangs over the side of the plate.

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    For central Texas Q, Blanchard's for sure. With more of a Cajun flair, it is Johnson's. I also like Dax on Sundays from time to time.

Most of the posters are right though, Lafayette is not the place for "traditional" BBQ for the most part. Cajuns are not into the whole "low and slow" thing.
    It’s not that Cajuns aren’t into it low and slow, they do it themselves. We aren’t real big into buying other people’s bbq. To me bbq’n is more of something to do than something to eat

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information