Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Best BBQ Joint in Acadiana

Default Re: Best BBQ Joint in Acadiana

Quote Originally Posted by CajunMarineBBK View Post
    Best kept secret in Lafayette the Mobile convenience store on the corner of Hugh Wallis and Kaliste Saloom. Serves BBQ everyday always good in my opinion. Go early they run out on most days.
    Yes. I agree with this. Completely forgot about that place.

I also agree with crazycajun. Countless, countless baseball tailgates next to the maintenance building with BBQ that is better than any place in Lafayette.

Best kept secret in Lafayette the Mobile convenience store on the corner of Hugh Wallis and Kaliste Saloom. Serves BBQ everyday always good in my opinion. Go early they run out on most days.
    That place is good. Glad to hear it’s still up and running.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    I don’t think Blanchard’s will make it where they are, they should have stayed a food truck.
    Always packed when I go in for lunch and they're only open during lunch. They seem to still be doing extremely well, with no signs of slowing down.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Always packed when I go in for lunch and they're only open during lunch. They seem to still be doing extremely well, with no signs of slowing down.
    Which one of the 8 places I named are you talking about?

5. Default Re: Best BBQ Joint in Acadiana

It's not that Cajuns aren't into it low and slow, they do it themselves. We aren't real big into buying other people's bbq. To me bbq'n is more of something to do than something to eat
    Crawfish boils are social gatherings and "something to do," yet places that boil crawfish are packed to the gills. Why crawfish and not barbecue?

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    Lil Daddy's BBQ on the Thruway. Fo sho. Will not be disappointed. On Sundays at Reggie's soul food is also a great spot for BBQ. Bring an empty stomach or an extra person, cause they LOAD you up
    Lil Daddy’s Mon-Sat absolutely agree. Closed on Sunday.

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Big fan of Johnson's. Have been to Lil Daddys but it LOOKS like the BBQ is good!

I like it low and slow I am cooking in a bbq comp in Morgan City next month.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunbaseball View Post
    Crawfish boils are social gatherings and "something to do," yet places that boil crawfish are packed to the gills. Why crawfish and not barbecue?
    Much bigger mess and it’s probably cheaper to eat them at a restaurant by the time you buy everything and you aren’t gonna do all that to boil half a sack. Boiled crawfish is engrained in our culture like bbq is in Texas. Most people also prefer grilling around here as opposed to what Texans call bbq. Crawfish is also seasonal. You can bbq all year. A lot of reasons. You also go eat crawfish and drink beer, bbq is more drink beer while your doing it:

True story.

I like it low and slow I am cooking in a bbq comp in Morgan City next month.
    Nice buddy and I though of competing in it he use to do comps in Dallas

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    I'd love to try Franklin's but at my age I don't know if I'd want to stand in line for 4 hours to get lunch.
    We went last year. Its worth the wait. Bring chairs and games and an ice chest.

13. Default Re: Best BBQ Joint in Acadiana

If you were starting a barbecue business in Lafayette: would you open a restaurant or go with a food truck? Lunch only or include dinner? Where do you locate (best location for both restaurant and food truck).?

Which one of the 8 places I named are you talking about?
    I edited the quote to narrow what I was talking about, but it doesn't display in mobile. Blanchard's

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    I edited the quote to narrow what I was talking about, but it doesn't display in mobile. Blanchard's
    Hopefully they do, their food is really good.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information