Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Best BBQ Joint in Acadiana

Default Re: Best BBQ Joint in Acadiana

Lil Daddy's BBQ on the Thruway. Fo sho. Will not be disappointed. On Sundays at Reggie's soul food is also a great spot for BBQ. Bring an empty stomach or an extra person, cause they LOAD you up

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    It’s not that Cajuns aren’t into it low and slow, they do it themselves. We aren’t real big into buying other people’s bbq. To me bbq’n is more of something to do than something to eat
    Bingo. I'll put my brisket, ribs, pork roast, etc up against them boys from central texas any day.

I’ve heard good things about Blanchard’s. Need to try them.

I’ve been to Johnson’s a few times, but I’ve gotten sucked into that grilled cheese stuffed with boudin and pulled pork each time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    I’ve heard good things about Blanchard’s. Need to try them.

I’ve been to Johnson’s a few times, but I’ve gotten sucked into that grilled cheese stuffed with boudin and pulled pork each time.
    Blanchard's is just OK. They are WAY too proud of their BBQ. Very expensive. Gimme lil Daddy's all day

I've never understood the big deal over NC BBQ...these people will f-up a good pork shoulder like no one's business...its garbage

Putting this on the smoker at about 4am tomorrow.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    It's not that Cajuns aren't into it low and slow, they do it themselves. We aren't real big into buying other people's bbq. To me bbq'n is more of something to do than something to eat
    You never had blacks in Lockheart... there is no amount of practice can get you to their level

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    I've never understood the big deal over NC BBQ...these people will f-up a good pork shoulder like no one's business...its garbage
    I felt the same way about Memphis style bbq that I’ve gotten from various places in Memphis. It is just OK

I’d take BRQ or Central City BBQ over that any day

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    You never had blacks in Lockheart... there is no amount of practice can get to their level
    I'd love to try Franklin's but at my age I don't know if I'd want to stand in line for 4 hours to get lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    I'd love to try Franklin's but at my age I don't know if I'd want to stand in line for 4 hours to get lunch.
    If you want good BBQ in Austin and don't scare easy, go to Sam's. Legit but scary locale

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    We tried to go hungover from a bachelor party... did not make it 20 min

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    You never had blacks in Lockheart... there is no amount of practice can get you to their level
    Yes I have, smittys, blacks, Lockhart kreuz and every other place en route to west and south Texas deer leases. Interesting you know where I have and haven’t been. There is a reason every bbq place in Lafayette closes and it isn’t simply because their food isn’t good. Johnson’s will make it because they offer other things and have a niche. I don’t think Blanchard’s will make it where they are, they should have stayed a food truck. Dickies will close as well. Bbq’n in south Louisiana is an invite everybody over type thing. It’s a social thing. It’s why most places only offer it on sundays bc that’s when everyone else cooks it.

I’ll be taking notes from this thread. My Sunday’s always include at least 1 of the 3 B’s; BBQ, Boudin, and baseball

Poches will give you a ton of food and 2 people can eat off of 1 plate.

Jeauxs in St Martinville is my spot! Be prepared to wait because the line is usually 20-30 people long at opening. You get a full plate of soul food BBQ for under $10. 2 people can also eat off of 1 plate. Also, his son Marcus Comier will be joining the CAJUNS football squad as a walk-on this season.

We also have a local Loreauville guy that serves either out of his house or the Old School every Sunday. You get chicken or pork, a sausage link, dressing, 2 sides, and a drink for $10.

Best kept secret in Lafayette the Mobile convenience store on the corner of Hugh Wallis and Kaliste Saloom. Serves BBQ everyday always good in my opinion. Go early they run out on most days.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunMarineBBK View Post
    Best kept secret in Lafayette the Mobile convenience store on the corner of Hugh Wallis and Kaliste Saloom. Serves BBQ everyday always good in my opinion. Go early they run out on most days.
    It is pretty good. In the vein of little daddy's

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information