Thread: Derik Keyes Makes It to The NFL

1. UL Football Derik Keyes Makes It to The NFL

Former Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns and Lafayette High football player Derik Keyes is fulfilling NFL dream as a coach with the Minnesota Vikings.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Derik Keyes Makes It to The NFL

Glad for him. He was a good kid at N.P. Moss. Good to see him in this position in his life.

3. Default Re: Derik Keyes Makes It to The NFL

Wow, that makes two former Cajun Football Players in the NFL as Strength and Conditioning Coaches.

Harold Nash is currently the Head S&C coach for the Detroit Lions and now Derik Keyes is an assistant S&C Coach with the Minnesota Vikings.

Harold was my next door neighbor in McCullough Dorms in 1988. Harold was a Freshman from ST. Aug at the time and he told me that he was going to walk on to U(s)L football team that year. He went from a Freshman Walk-On to team Captain by his Senior Year and had a tryout with the NY Giants. He went on to have a heck of a CFL career and got started in the NFL as an assistant S&C coach for the New England Patriots, where he was later promoted to S&C Coach. He has at least 2 Super Bowl rings from that time. I have not spoken to Harold in a long time, but he was one of the most genuine and polite guys you would ever want to meet.

I just looked it up and he has a son that is playing for the University of Memphis, I believe he will be a Sophomore this year. Sucks that we did not get Harold Nash III to play for us, if he is half the player his dad was or has 1/2 the heart, he would have been a great addition to the team.

Default Re: Derik Keyes Makes It to The NFL

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Wow, that makes two former Cajun Football Players in the NFL as Strength and Conditioning Coaches.

At least 3 Cajuns in NFL on S&C staffs

D'anthony Batiste with the Raiders since last year

https://www.raiders.com/team/coaches.nthony-batiste

Hopefully he gets shown on HBO's hard knocks this season

Default Re: Derik Keyes Makes It to The NFL

Cool, I didn’t realize Batiste was with the raiders.

Thread Information