Thread: Contending For a Sun Belt Title

1. Track & Field Contending For a Sun Belt Title

The glory days of UL's track and field program in the Sun Belt era were in the 1990s.

During that time, the Ragin' Cajuns men's program won league titles each year from 1992 through 1998 and the women won in both 1993 and 1997.

If coach Lon Badeaux has his way, however, that list of league track champions will be growing real soon

Default Re: Contending For a Sun Belt Title

It took him 8 years to realize what Arkansas State, Appalachian State, Texas State, Texas-Arlington and South Alabama have always done? Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    It took him 8 years to realize what Arkansas State, Appalachian State, Texas State, Texas-Arlington and South Alabama have always done? Wow.
    When it’s hard for even the coach to be confident about his team’s ability to win the conference title it’s not very encouraging to the Ragin’ Cajun fan.

I guess he was was just being realistic (and I’m no expert in T&F) but I would like for EVERY Coach at Louisiana in EVERY sport sponsored by the University to expect to win the Sunbelt Conference EVERY YEAR (or at the very least tell the paper that is what they expect).

I am not saying every sport should challenge for a NATIONAL Championship each year but to put together a team that is capable of winning the SUNBELT doesn’t seem like too much to expect.

Maybe T&F is different and I am way off base with these expectations. Looking forward to any replies and input from more knowledgeable fans of this sport.

4. Default Re: Contending For a Sun Belt Title

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    When it's hard for even the coach to be confident about his team's ability to win the conference title it's not very encouraging to the Ragin' Cajun fan.

I guess he was was just being realistic (and I'm no expert in T&F) but I would like for EVERY Coach at Louisiana in EVERY sport sponsored by the University to expect to win the Sunbelt Conference EVERY YEAR (or at the very least tell the paper that is what they expect).

I am not saying every sport should challenge for a NATIONAL Championship each year but to put together a team that is capable of winning the SUNBELT doesn't seem like too much to expect.

Maybe T&F is different and I am way off base with these expectations. Looking forward to any replies and input from more knowledgeable fans of this sport.
    ....Absolutely the expectations that we should be in the hunt every year in EVERY SPORT for the championship......now there could be exceptions like facilities or number of years that the coach has been on the job, but even traditions by other schools need to be overcome!

Thread Information