Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: College baseball world series

Default Re: College baseball world series

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    The Championship matchup was played 8 days to soon.

They should let the two top teams rest a week and have the National Championship Series played on July 3rd and 4th. Both teams full FULL strength.

The build up interest and coverage for the spirt would be amazing.
    You do not potentially schedule two championship games on July 4. That idea is just dumb.

The viewing date of the final championship game is my goal. How we get there matters not. Fully rested teams would just be lagniappe.

Move the season back a week is another option.

The NFL has 5 weeks from start to Super Bowl, and 1 week more before the All-star game. College bowls go from Dec. 20 to mid January these days.

Jan 1 bowl games were the secret sauce that grew the sport.

College football would not be where it is today if the final game had always been on Jan 13th.

A July 4th baseball championship would grow the sport.

jmo jmw
    It’s a terrible opinion, July 4th is the biggest outside holiday. I’ve never considered planning a big 4th of July sitting inside watching tv.

3. UL Baseball Re: College baseball world series

The viewing date of the final championship game is my goal. How we get there matters not. Fully rested teams would just be lagniappe.

Move the season back a week is another option.

The NFL has 5 weeks from start to Super Bowl, and 1 week more before the All-star game. College bowls go from Dec. 20 to mid January these days.

Jan 1 bowl games were the secret sauce that grew the sport.

College football would not be where it is today if the final game had always been on Jan 13th.

A July 4th baseball championship would grow the sport.

jmo jmw
    Every year several elite players MLB bound are in the CWS. I'm guessing that the NCAA pushed this back as far as possible. Additionally many fiscal years begin on 7/1.

4. Default Re: College baseball world series

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    You do not potentially schedule two championship games on July 4. That idea is just dumb.
    Yes, there is the potential (with a sweep) it is over with on the 3rd.

5. Default Re: College baseball world series

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    It's a terrible opinion, July 4th is the biggest outside holiday. I've never considered planning a big 4th of July sitting inside watching tv.
    Did you take off work to watch it yesterday?

If not, they wouldn't lose you as a viewer.

If you did take off yesterday, then you know there are a plethora of ways and options to bring the game outside with you.

Default Re: College baseball world series

It needs to go back to what made it great. The old format in Rosenblatt Stadium. Single elimination for the championship game.

7. Default Re: College baseball world series

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I'm guessing that the NCAA pushed this back as far as possible. Additionally many fiscal years begin on 7/1.
    I have no idea of fiscal year ramifications or impact on this. It may be THE roadblock, but I had had never considered the issue.

8. Default Re: College baseball world series

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Every year several elite players MLB bound are in the CWS.
    I feel MLB is doing itself a disservice holding their draft during the 3rd month of the regular season.

If they wanted maximum exposure, they should hold it immediately following the CWS Championship game.

If exposure is irrelevant they should hold the draft in the off season like the NFL.

Baseball fans would be more into it under either of those scenarios.

Did you take off work to watch it yesterday?

If not, they wouldn't lose you as a viewer.

If you did take off yesterday, then you know there are a plethora of ways and options to bring the game outside with you.
    No I didn't but I also didn't have a bbq by the pool to go to, or fireworks to pop or the beach for the Fourth of July or the camp at false river or the point or grand isle. On Wednesday June 26th at 6pm I literally had nothing better to do than watch college baseball. Most people have plenty of better things to do on 4th of July than sit inside and watch tv.

10. Default Re: College baseball world series

No I didn't but I also didn't have a bbq by the pool to go to, or fireworks to pop or the beach for the Fourth of July or the camp at false river or the point or grand isle. On Wednesday June 26th at 6pm I literally had nothing better to do than watch college baseball. Most people have plenty of better things to do on 4th of July than sit inside and watch tv.
    So you have lots of options, take the game with you, its 2019.

Besides why you want to hate on Chevrolet?

So you have lots of options, take the game with you, its 2019.

Besides why you want to hate on Chevrolet?
    So you want to grow the game and your idea is to have the casual fan who isn’t a huge fan or a fan at all go through the trouble of streaming it on the beach or in a pool for the 4th? Genius I tell ya

12. Default Re: College baseball world series

So you want to grow the game and your idea is to have the casual fan who isn’t a huge fan or a fan at all go through the trouble of streaming it on the beach or in a pool for the 4th? Genius I tell ya
    Even if its happening in the background, interest in the sport grows.

Even if its happening in the background, interest in the sport grows.
    And by doing on a day where everyone is outside you immediately diminish how many backgrounds it’s in. If baseball wants to grow it needs more national televised games and coverage all season long.

14. Default Re: College baseball world series

And by doing on a day where everyone is outside you immediately diminish how many backgrounds it’s in. If baseball wants to grow it needs more national televised games and coverage all season long.
    You've been tailgating.

Sports follows everyone outside.

You've been tailgating.

Sports follows everyone outside.
    You should probably get outside more

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread Information