Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Burnt Roux: Number of softball players on transfer portal now up to five.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    One of the softball websites. It was mentioned she started following the UW coach. It's all speculation at this point.
    She also follows Glasco

Default Re: Burnt Roux: Number of softball players on transfer portal now up to five.

Just to be clear, I started this thread. I did not have the words, burnt roux. Somebody added it. Maybe Turbine did. I don't know. It wasn't me.

Default Re: Burnt Roux: Number of softball players on transfer portal now up to five.

You can have the best intentions and still burn the roux. Then you start again, or you go get some at the store.

Makinzy Herzog is a great 2 way player who is leaving Florida State, she would be a huge pickup she is from Texas so that gives UL a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Just to be clear, I started this thread. I did not have the words, burnt roux. Somebody added it. Maybe Turbine did. I don't know. It wasn't me.
    I don't like the changing of thread titles unless there is a violation of forum rules, or an obvious error. Adding "burnt roux" definitely changes the tone of the thread title.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    I don't like the changing of thread titles unless there is a violation of forum rules, or an obvious error. Adding "burnt roux" definitely changes the tone of the thread title.
    +1

7. Default Re: Burnt Roux: Number of softball players on transfer portal now up to five.

Everything starts and ends with recrouxting.

Recrouxting is the be all and end all.

"Burnt Roux" lays no blame and casts no aspersions, it simply means you are starting over.

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    +1
    +1 more

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

"Burnt Roux" lays no blame and casts no aspersions, it simply means you are starting over.
    Thanks for the explanation.

So are you going to explain this to these kids and their parents who think you are trashing them? This may sound cute and may be appropriate in some cases (example, player is kicked off the team for violations of team rules) it makes no sense in a lot of cases.

The thread title is the headline. Lots of people only read the headlines. I'd hate for a prospective player to get the wrong impression from a changed headline. Burnt Roux implies an error that will leave a bad taste in your mouth, at least to anybody who knows what a Roux is.

Getting real moist around here

13. Default Re: Burnt Roux: Number of softball players on transfer portal now up to five.

Burnt roux is always on the cook, not the players.

Its on the cook for not paying close enough attention to details. Before, during or at the end.

Never stop recrouxting even after they are in the fold.

Sorry if some think I'm stirring the pot.

Burnt roux is always on the cook, not the players.

Its on the cook for not paying close enough attention to details. Before, during or at the end.

Never stop recrouxting even after they are in the fold.

Sorry if some think I'm stirring the pot.
    Do you ever admit that you really didn't think things through completely beforehand?

Man we are getting sensitive around here

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information