Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Super regional games

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    As much as I love Cajun baseball, we're not LSU. We don't recruit on the same level (and probably never will). They pay grounds crew more than our whole staff. It's all relative. Tony knows what his situation is right now, and I don't think anyone needs to tell him anything for him to know that. I'm not happy with the play over the last four years.

He made a change in our hitting coach and we showed growth over the year, but this year will be the first time we'll see this year the type of players he is capable of bringing in to the program. Pitching needs to improve. We need to step up our recruiting in that area, and I think Tony will need to play a bigger part in that. This year will be a big year to determine our program going forward.
    Only 2 schools have as many or more titles as LSUnone in the modern era. Not many LSU type programs in college baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Only 2 schools have as many or more titles as LSUnone in the modern era. Not many LSU type programs in college baseball.
    Did will wade pay those players too? Sure, he would have only been middle school, but sketchy people gonna sketch.

Default Re: Super regional games

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    No one expects us to be heading to Omaha every year or hosting regionals every year but when our expectations drop from at large bids to hopefully we sneak in with a tournament win thats becomes an issue

Same with basketball no one expects us to go dancing every year but every other year you should be in an NIT or NCAA. Otherwise cut these coaches salaries to the lowest in the belt and we can be happy we fielded a team.
    Hosting a regional as a mid major is fading away each year. U are going to have to have a special season for that to happen moving forward. And the same goes for softball. Not impossible, but it isn’t gonna be easy

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    Hosting a regional as a mid major is fading away each year. U are going to have to have a special season for that to happen moving forward. And the same goes for softball. Not impossible, but it isn't gonna be easy
    Of course it's a special season if you hosting that's why no one expects us to host every year

It's the shift of at large expectations to just hopefully to make the tournament is what scares me.

Here is the kicker we are paying SEC type prices for the past 3 years for bad results

I think its hilarious when they lose but they are calling for their coaches head after a cws runner up and a super regional while we give coaches extensions atter they get their teeth kicked in at the conference tournament.

If we want to advance our postion maybe we should take a few notes from them.
    Like firing Les Miles and on path to going backwards?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    A NY6 win is backwards

A NY6 win is backwards
    Only in Jeaux’s mind is it backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    I have found it’s not worth engaging the “Fire Everyone” crowd. Better to just let it stay a fringe element. When the goal is to be more like the folks at Tigerdroppings, I want no part of it. There are plenty of people who have legitimate concerns and questions that are worth engaging. Just my thoughts.

9. Default Re: Super regional games

It will be interesting next season for the Cajuns, the only 3 position players that I think are guarenteed a spot on the field are:

Cantrelle/Breaux and possibly Bougerois (if healthy)

10. Default Re: Super regional games

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    It will be interesting next season for the Cajuns, the only 3 position players that I think are guarenteed a spot on the field are:

Toro/Spears/Hanie?

11. Default Re: Super regional games

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Toro/Spears/Hanie?
    I don't know if any of those guys are guaranteed a spot on the field, I think all will be back with the team.

Toro probably has the best chance to play of those three, Spears has a chance to DH and Hanie, if he continues to rehad and get better could see the field. I was talking about guaranteed spots in the lineup day in and day out.

I'm not even positive on Breaux. I've been disappointed in our outfield for a few years. I don't think they've been good defensively and Oryn was the only one with a D1 arm but wasn't always accurate. We need some true D1 outfielders.

I'm not even positive on Breaux. I've been disappointed in our outfield for a few years. I don't think they've been good defensively and Oryn was the only one with a D1 arm but wasn't always accurate. We need some true D1 outfielders.
    Recruiters and eval guys are all over dat. I need a sarcasm emoji.

14. Default

I think Breaux is a plus outfielder,not a great arm but solid defensively and bats .275+ unless someone comes in and takes his position. I think he is a starting outfielder in 2020.

I think Breaux is a plus outfielder,not a great arm but solid defensively and bats .275+ unless someone comes in and takes his position. I think he is a starting outfielder in 2020.
    I think he misplayed a few balls this year and you shouldn't have to hop a ball to the catcher from shallow center. JMO

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information