Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6

Thread: Super regional games

Default Re: Super regional games

Until we sign someone better than him he will be our starting CF next year. He’s a better than average D1 outfielder

2. Default Re: Super regional games

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    I'm not even positive on Breaux. I've been disappointed in our outfield for a few years. I don't think they've been good defensively and Oryn was the only one with a D1 arm but wasn't always accurate. We need some true D1 outfielders.
    What team are you watching? Breaux had a .295 BA, .426 OBP (highest on team and tied with Cantrelle) and .979 Fielding Percentage.

3. Default Re: Super regional games

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    But.but.it’s so much fun to laugh at and take joy in LSU’s losses, with their multiple CWS championships while we have two appearances in Omaha and three seasons in row now of missed post season!
    if such a poor team as we were beat them, makes you wonder how they got picked to host

4. Default Re: Super regional games

As much as I love Cajun baseball, we're not LSU. We don't recruit on the same level (and probably never will). They pay grounds crew more than our whole staff. It's all relative. Tony knows what his situation is right now, and I don't think anyone needs to tell him anything for him to know that. I'm not happy with the play over the last four years.

He made a change in our hitting coach and we showed growth over the year, but this year will be the first time we'll see this year the type of players he is capable of bringing in to the program. Pitching needs to improve. We need to step up our recruiting in that area, and I think Tony will need to play a bigger part in that. This year will be a big year to determine our program going forward.
    would be nice to see a full accounting of which players are full scholarship and which are walk-ons/partial, and wouldnt mind seeing the grades as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    What team are you watching? Breaux had a .295 BA, .426 OBP (highest on team and tied with Cantrelle) and .979 Fielding Percentage.
    You don't get an error if you misplay a ball and don't get a glove on it.

6. Default Re: Super regional games

You don't get an error if you misplay a ball and don't get a glove on it.
    Hilarious - if you get errors it’s ok, but if you don’t get errors, it’s not. I understand now. NOT 🤔

Hilarious - if you get errors it’s ok, but if you don’t get errors, it’s not. I understand now. NOT 🤔
    Some misunderstand. Others are not capable of understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    if such a poor team as we were beat them, makes you wonder how they got picked to host
    We lost to Eastern Illinois in 2014. Makes you wonder how we got picked to host.

Didn't recall saying that. If you take a bad path to the ball and can't reach it it's not an error. If you took the correct path you catch it. Neither is an error, but a good outfielder makes the catch.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    We lost to Eastern Illinois in 2014. Makes you wonder how we got picked to host.
    And an awful UNO if I recall correctly.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6

Thread Information