Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Super regional games

Default Re: Super regional games

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    But.but.it’s so much fun to laugh at and take joy in LSU’s losses, with their multiple CWS championships while we have two appearances in Omaha and three seasons in row now of missed post season!
    Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    .And I never said them losing made up in any way, shape or form for the terrible season we have had. My main point was just being glad that we won't have to be subjected to hearing non-stop about them in the media, or from their fan base.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    But.but.it's so much fun to laugh at and take joy in LSU's losses, with their multiple CWS championships while we have two appearances in Omaha and three seasons in row now of missed post season!
    I think its hilarious when they lose but they are calling for their coaches head after a cws runner up and a super regional while we give coaches extensions atter they get their teeth kicked in at the conference tournament.

If we want to advance our postion maybe we should take a few notes from them.

My TV remotes and radio dials still work. As long as my kids don’t lose the damn remotes and my greasy BBQ sauces fingers can still grip the dial.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    I said it from the start, there was no way LSU was beating Florida State in the supers. FSU is playing for Martin and pushing for his first title.

I was pulling for FSU, not only because they were playing LSU, but also because their coaching staff is good people. We spent a night in Tallahassee on the way back from Disney 2 years ago. I contacted their Director of Baseball Ops to see if we could check out the stadium. He told me they were having a camp and to stop by at any time. We were there early in the morning and walked around to the spots that were open at the facility. As we were leaving, Mike Martin Jr was getting to the stadium. He unlocked the gates to the stadium & field and let us spend as much time as we wanted in the stadium taking pics and walking around.
    We've had contact with the FSU folks too. Very solid, good people.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    I think its hilarious when they lose but they are calling for their coaches head after a cws runner up and a super regional while we give coaches extensions atter they get their teeth kicked in at the conference tournament.

If we want to advance our postion maybe we should take a few notes from them.
    They miss out on a CWS trip and they question whether PM can still coach them.

We miss out on a regional 3 years in a row and we shrug it off to give Tony more time.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    They miss out on a CWS trip and they question whether PM can still coach them.

We miss out on a regional 3 years in a row and we shrug it off to give Tony more time.
    As much as I love Cajun baseball, we're not LSU. We don't recruit on the same level (and probably never will). They pay grounds crew more than our whole staff. It's all relative. Tony knows what his situation is right now, and I don't think anyone needs to tell him anything for him to know that. I'm not happy with the play over the last four years.

He made a change in our hitting coach and we showed growth over the year, but this year will be the first time we'll see this year the type of players he is capable of bringing in to the program. Pitching needs to improve. We need to step up our recruiting in that area, and I think Tony will need to play a bigger part in that. This year will be a big year to determine our program going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    1 appearance in Omaha20 years ago.
    Yup, 20 years ago many here didn't need ED drugs. Pretty much similar, can't go back 20 years to fix things.

8. Default Re: Super regional games

I love it. Whenever there’s questions about our lack of success we’re told we’re expecting way too much. We don’t have the LSU budget, exposure, conference. Just be happy little men, y’all expectations are way outta line. Oh yeah, keep on spending thousands for this product every year, but curb your expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    As much as I love Cajun baseball, we're not LSU. We don't recruit on the same level (and probably never will). They pay grounds crew more than our whole staff. It's all relative. Tony knows what his situation is right now, and I don't think anyone needs to tell him anything for him to know that. I'm not happy with the play over the last four years.

He made a change in our hitting coach and we showed growth over the year, but this year will be the first time we'll see this year the type of players he is capable of bringing in to the program. Pitching needs to improve. We need to step up our recruiting in that area, and I think Tony will need to play a bigger part in that. This year will be a big year to determine our program going forward.
    But Robe is not recruiting his star pupil Talbot is

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I love it. Whenever there’s questions about our lack of success we’re told we’re expecting way too much. We don’t have the LSU budget, exposure, conference. Just be happy little men, y’all expectations are way outta line. Oh yeah, keep on spending thousands for this product every year, but curb your expectations.
    I have the same expectations every year, but I'm realistic as well. Again, I'm not happy with the last four years. That's why I said next year is critical for the program going forward.

11. UL Baseball Re: Super regional games

Sorry, but when they're appealing to me to drop those thousands of dollars nobody said curb your expectations, be realistic.

12. Default Re: Super regional games

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    .Did we play LSU this year?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    I have the same expectations every year, but I'm realistic as well. Again, I'm not happy with the last four years. That's why I said next year is critical for the program going forward.
    No one expects us to be heading to Omaha every year or hosting regionals every year but when our expectations drop from at large bids to hopefully we sneak in with a tournament win thats becomes an issue

Same with basketball no one expects us to go dancing every year but every other year you should be in an NIT or NCAA. Otherwise cut these coaches salaries to the lowest in the belt and we can be happy we fielded a team.

14. Default Re: Super regional games

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Of course we do virtually every year, and a once or twice a year result is interesting but hardly determinant. Small sample results can be misleading, especially in a game like baseball where series and multiple pitchers are incredibly important.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Did we play Baton Rouge last year?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information