Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Super regional games

Default Re: Super regional games

Arkansas 14 Ole Miss 1. Bottom Of 7. Looks like Ole Miss ran out of gas.

Arkansas looks like a well oiled machine going into the CWS

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Arkansas 14 Ole Miss 1. Bottom Of 7. Looks like Ole Miss ran out of gas.
    To apply a Foote-ism, Ole Miss scored too many runs last night. They used all their offense in that game.

LSU started 2 freshman pitchers with shaky command. I only watched those two games this season, but their lineup was nothing great. They have some excellent individual position players like Smith and Duplantis, but they are far from dominant. They rode Devin Fontenot as far as they could.

They lucked out getting to host the Super and couldn't close the deal. Not a CWS team.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    LSU started 2 freshman pitchers with shaky command. I only watched those two games this season, but their lineup was nothing great. They have some excellent individual position players like Smith and Duplantis, but they are far from dominant. They rode Devin Fontenot as far as they could.

They lucked out getting to host the Super and couldn't close the deal. Not a CWS team.
    No depth. And no threat of scary power in the lineup. Not your typical LSU team for sure

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    No depth. And no threat of scary power in the lineup. Not your typical LSU team for sure
    I know it's petty, but if they gone any further, hearing the non-stop dribble from the possum fansand media.would have driven me batty. Especially in this dead-time, where there is really nothing else going on in any other state sports. Always enjoy seeing them go down, as they are such an arrogant, entitled bunch of mofo's, but it was really nice this this time.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    I know it's petty, but if they gone any further, hearing the non-stop dribble from the possum fansand media.would have driven me batty. Especially in this dead-time, where there is really nothing else going on in any other state sports. Always enjoy seeing them go down, as they are such an arrogant, entitled bunch of mofo's, but it was really nice this this time.
    Doubling down on petty. They all have their uni numbers stitched into their gloves like big leaguers. You can't monogram on swag. LSU got dumped by a regional 3 seed at home. They need to quit dat.

Doubling down on petty. They all have their uni numbers stitched into their gloves like big leaguers. You can't monogram on swag. LSU got dumped by a regional 3 seed at home. They need to quit dat.
    Yeahnot only did they luck out by ending up getting to host a Super, it was with a team that people were surprised that made it to the regionals. And then they schitt the bed and get swept by them. LOL

9. Default Re: Super regional games

The number thing is really not a biggie. Anyone can go on the Marucci website and order their own glove with their number and name on it.

Well at the end of the day.they played in the post-season, we didn’t. Them failing doesn’t give me some increased joy when our season was a failure.

I said it from the start, there was no way LSU was beating Florida State in the supers. FSU is playing for Martin and pushing for his first title.

I was pulling for FSU, not only because they were playing LSU, but also because their coaching staff is good people. We spent a night in Tallahassee on the way back from Disney 2 years ago. I contacted their Director of Baseball Ops to see if we could check out the stadium. He told me they were having a camp and to stop by at any time. We were there early in the morning and walked around to the spots that were open at the facility. As we were leaving, Mike Martin Jr was getting to the stadium. He unlocked the gates to the stadium & field and let us spend as much time as we wanted in the stadium taking pics and walking around.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Well at the end of the day.they played in the post-season, we didn’t. Them failing doesn’t give me some increased joy when our season was a failure.
    Well, at the end of the day they pay their head coach ~$1.125 million, not to mention all the big salaries of the rest of his staff. They also have fantastic facilities, the pick of all the best talent, etc.

For all of that, they didn't even get out of the Supers.

And I never said them losing made up in any way, shape or form for the terrible season we have had. My main point was just being glad that we won't have to be subjected to hearing non-stop about them in the media, or from their fan base.

Well, at the end of the day they pay their head coach ~$1.125 million, not to mention all the big salaries of the rest of his staff. They also have fantastic facilities, the pick of all the best talent, etc.

For all of that, they didn't even get out of the Supers.

And I never said them losing made up in any way, shape or form for the terrible season we have had. My main point was just being glad that we won't have to be subjected to hearing non-stop about them in the media, or from their fan base.
    At the end of the day, we didn't even get out of the conference tournamentagain.

We've increased resources, added a new coaching position, and can't play past Memorial Day.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    At the end of the day, we didn't even get out of the conference tournamentagain.
    But.but.it’s so much fun to laugh at and take joy in LSU’s losses, with their multiple CWS championships while we have two appearances in Omaha and three seasons in row now of missed post season!

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    But.but.it’s so much fun to laugh at and take joy in LSU’s losses, with their multiple CWS championships while we have two appearances in Omaha and three seasons in row now of missed post season!
    1 appearance in Omaha20 years ago.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information