Thread: Maggard: UL committed to enhancing hoops schedule

1. UL Basketball Maggard: UL committed to enhancing hoops schedule

Exactly one year ago, the Sun Belt Conference announced a strategic plan to become more competitive as a league in basketball.

Feel free to disregard much of that plan.

Because on Monday night, after its annual spring meeting for_presidents and chancellors of_schools from throughout the league, the Sun Belt announced it now "will pause its previously announced men's basketball strategic plan as additional data and information are reviewed to more effectively determine how to best improve postseason opportunities."

Default Re: Maggard: UL committed to enhancing hoops schedule

I suggest moving this article to the RAge Page. (I see this has been done). Bottom line is I expect little to change regarding basketball scheduling anytime soon despite Dr. Maggard getting more involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I suggest moving this article to the RAge Page. (I see this has been done). Bottom line is I expect little to change regarding basketball scheduling anytime soon despite Dr. Maggard getting more involved.
    I agree we offer little to the bigger programs in terms of RPI or prestige

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    I agree we offer little to the bigger programs in terms of RPI or prestige
    If there is ever a point where governmental organizations begin to dig into college athletics and financies it will be due to NCAA Div 1 basketball. I do believe we aren't far off from some entity going enough is enough. You cannot continually claim an exemption status and at the same time use methods that carve out an advantage for yourself. At some point some organization(s) are going to say it is time to battle it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Sweet. Awesome. Top Notch. Can't wait.

Thread Information