Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 . LastLast

Thread: UL has big decision to make on Cajun Field renovation

Default Re: UL has big decision to make on Cajun Field renovation

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    BMO field was built in 2006 for 63.9 million today it would be 75 million to build. This stadium seats about 30k expanded in 2016 to seat 40k. It is worth the build if we can get a MLS team to come to Lafayette.

This would be amazing. I would move back to lafayette if this happened lol

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Couldn't agree more. And everyone in the athletic offices want this.

If we can just get TJOE & the gang to trim their ear shrubbery and listen to reason.
    Build it the right way. Don’t be afraid to let athletics be what people recognize when they think of UL. We aren’t, as a whole, a highly rated academic university. We have very strong programs in certain disciplines, but we aren’t even close to being an AAU university.

Why not let athletics drive the bus and get more students through brand recognition much like Alabama has done just on a smaller scale.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    We just need to build exactly what Nashville FC is building for their MLS stadium. Just over 30,000 seats. It's absolutely amazing.

Build it right the first time and don't worry about it. If we do it right it will anchor the athletic complex and could be the center of an entertainment district.

https://youtu.be/6_YS9VeJkG4
    Hell no! That's not a football stadium. I don't mind considering cutting edge designs, but I have no interest in playing in a football stadium that looks like it belongs in South Africa or England. There are many designs that are available that we can use to build something unique here in Lafayette.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post

My bubble isn’t busted, ___ hole, I just live in reality.
    To be fair, you did bring bubbles into the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin' Caleb View Post
    Right, 1000's of people would line up to watch a game in a state of the art soccer stadium regardless of the record of the football team? You guys a freaking nuts! LOL!!!

How about we just move all our home games to the Superdome?

7. Default Re: UL has big decision to make on Cajun Field renovation

Build it the right way. Don’t be afraid to let athletics be what people recognize when they think of UL. We aren’t, as a whole, a highly rated academic university. We have very strong programs in certain disciplines, but we aren’t even close to being an AAU university.

Why not let athletics drive the bus and get more students through brand recognition much like Alabama has done just on a smaller scale.
    Yep.

The development of an entertainment district needs to be green-lighted yesterday. Green light the development and immediately announce the Stadium renovation, complete with plan & renderings. Let the fan base get behind this thing. The complete plan needs to be sold to the public, with the stadium renovation being the spearhead. If Billy and staff can come through in a big way this season, announce it all at the Bowl game.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Hell no! That's not a football stadium. I don't mind considering cutting edge designs, but I have no interest in playing in a football stadium that looks like it belongs in South Africa or England. There are many designs that are available that we can use to build something unique here in Lafayette.
    Football is dying man. Build for the future. Also, Nashville’s stadium isn’t some euro futuristic stadium.

That stadium here would be awesome. You old curmudgeon. Lol

We just need to build exactly what Nashville FC is building for their MLS stadium. Just over 30,000 seats. It's absolutely amazing.

Build it right the first time and don't worry about it. If we do it right it will anchor the athletic complex and could be the center of an entertainment district.

https://youtu.be/6_YS9VeJkG4
    I like the idea, I thought the same thing when the saints played the chargers in preseason in a similar stadium. It would allow many options for the future as well.

Right, 1000's of people would line up to watch a game in a state of the art soccer stadium regardless of the record of the football team? You guys a freaking nuts! LOL!!!
    Why couldn't it be both? It would be a state of the art football stadium and the other designs we have had for cajun field look terrible and outdated. And if that meant bringing an mls team to lafayette it would be worth it. No nfl, nba, mlb team would ever come here so getting an mls team here while mls is on the rise would be the best thing to ever happen to lafayette. Its not like we need a bigger stadium for football. Not anything more than 30 or 40k. I don't see the problem here

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Yep.

The development of an entertainment district needs to be green-lighted yesterday. Green light the development and immediately announce the Stadium renovation, complete with plan & renderings. Let the fan base get behind this thing. The complete plan needs to be sold to the public, with the stadium renovation being the spearhead. If Billy and staff can come through in a big way this season, announce it all at the Bowl game.
    In Lafayette, we spend an exorbitant amount of time trying to enhance downtown as the entertainment district. Unfortunately we would need developers from out of town to come in to Lafayette that are willing to think out of the box. And then we would need a President that is willing to embrace it.

Why couldn't it be both? It would be a state of the art football stadium and the other designs we have had for cajun field look terrible and outdated. And if that meant bringing an mls team to lafayette it would be worth it. No nfl, nba, mlb team would ever come here so getting an mls team here while mls is on the rise would be the best thing to ever happen to lafayette. Its not like we need a bigger stadium for football. Not anything more than 30 or 40k. I don't see the problem here
    MLS in Lafayette? We would be the smallest market in the league. That's not going to happen and you don't build a stadium to cater to a league that isn't going to come to Lafayette.

The only way we can get this done is to get the city of Lafayette involved, Just like the Cajundome, we would have to lease the land to the city , get something here to justify the cost of a new stadium. We should be trying to get soccer, rugby, cricket anything that can be used at the new complex

There are small towns in MLS
    Chester, Pennsylvania 33k people
    Team: Philadelphia Union

Commerce City, Colorado 45k people
    Team: Colorado Rapids

MLS in Lafayette? We would be the smallest market in the league. That's not going to happen and you don't build a stadium to cater to a league that isn't going to come to Lafayette.
    If you tore down the upper deck and put canopies around Cajun field it would look exactly like a “soccer stadium”. I don’t see why anyone would be opposed to having shade/rain protectant surrounding the field.

Austin, St. Louis, Nashville don't seem like world beaters. I didn't say it would happen, just that if it was possible and would bring an mls team, our football team would be better for it and have a state of the art facility

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 . LastLast

Thread Information