Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 . LastLast

Thread: UL has big decision to make on Cajun Field renovation

Default Re: UL has big decision to make on Cajun Field renovation

I assure you they are still working hard on it.

With the baseball, softball, and T&F stadiums all we needed to do was tear down the old structure and put up the new structure. With Cajun Field, the deeper they dig, the more issues they are finding with the stadium. They will likely have to spend many millions of dollars on foundation, drainage, etc. before they even spend a dime on something you and I will see.

We've got one shot at this. I'd be willing to wait and don't right. LSU and many others are regretting their decisions to add seating to their football venues. Make this the best 35K seat stadium in the USA. The biggest need is to make it multi functional. We should be hosting high school games, concerts, international soccer exhibitions and whatever else people are willing to pay to see. Cajun Field needs to be a cash cow similar to the versatility of the Cajundome.

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    We've got one shot at this. I'd be willing to wait and don't right. LSU and many others are regretting their decisions to add seating to their football venues. Make this the best 35K seat stadium in the USA. The biggest need is to make it multi functional. We should be hosting high school games, concerts, international soccer exhibitions and whatever else people are willing to pay to see. Cajun Field needs to be a cash cow similar to the versatility of the Cajundome.
    Only seats they would add would be to even out the NEZ and you would lose a bunch of seat in the upper deck so 35k would be appropriate

But if this gets done before my son gets to college i will be shocked

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Slight complication.
    I don't care if it takes 20 years. It needs to be done in phases. First phase has to be tearing down the entire upper deck and replacing that with at least a few suites and press boxes.

We don't need to do anything else right now, and if that First phase becomes the only phase, so be it, but we need to move on that as soon as the Championship game is over.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    I assure you they are still working hard on it.

With the baseball, softball, and T&F stadiums all we needed to do was tear down the old structure and put up the new structure. With Cajun Field, the deeper they dig, the more issues they are finding with the stadium. They will likely have to spend many millions of dollars on foundation, drainage, etc. before they even spend a dime on something you and I will see.
    I think they have found that there are large voids below the concrete in the lower section due to poor maintenance of the joints in the concrete. It may be that they will have to replace that section of the stadium before anything else. I have noticed that the perimeter retaining wall has a significant tilt to the field in several locations. That is telling me that the lower bowl is sliding to the field. Saturday night I noticed that the concrete slab in the lower concourse is very uneven. More indication of foundation issues with the lower bowl. The upper deck is on a deep foundation so the foundation issues with the lower bowl should not affect the upper deck. If I was responsible for the structure I would be keeping a keen eye on the lower bowl and slab of the lower bowl. There is a reason why they have placed steel plates over the displaced joints of the concourse slab. Severe trip hazard there. I think they have placed the steel plates on the joints instead of replacing the slabs for fear of what they might find below it. Next game go to the lower bowl, find the joint at the fifty yard line and look down. Don't drop anything down that joint, you won't get it back.

If they have a structural engineer looking at it I am sure he feels that it is safe or it would have been condemned. I have done that a couple of times, owner wasn't happy but too bad.

Announce a plan, show the renderings, quote the price tag, ask for donations and keep a visible display of where we stand regularly. If people see progress they are more likely to donate more frequently even if small amounts.

Why can't we ask to donate at concessions like every other store does for MDA, children's hospital, or whatever other item they are looking to collect for? Seems like I can't buy anything these days without asking for a donation. Quarters ultimately lead up to dollars.

7. Default Re: UL has big decision to make on Cajun Field renovation

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHammock View Post
    Announce a plan, show the renderings, quote the price tag, ask for donations and keep a visible display of where we stand regularly. If people see progress they are more likely to donate more frequently even if small amounts.

Why can't we ask to donate at concessions like every other store does for MDA, children's hospital, or whatever other item they are looking to collect for? Seems like I can't buy anything these days without asking for a donation. Quarters ultimately lead up to dollars.
    I don’t think a $1 Tree or a sCENT Bush will get us there.

Build a new stadium in Cajun field parking lot, tear down current field when done and build a parking tower. It might end up being around the same price and can be done all
    At once with little inconvenience.

9. Default Re: UL has big decision to make on Cajun Field renovation

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Build a new stadium in Cajun field parking lot, tear down current field when done and build a parking tower. It might end up being around the same price and can be done all
    That’s not what the Mardi Gras and Car Show said. Just sayin.

10. Default Re: UL has big decision to make on Cajun Field renovation

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHammock View Post

.Get the tax back from the race track that funded the stadium originally!

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    If you start from scratch I would build a dome type stadium so no one can blame the weather for not attending games. A mix like syracuse and the Vikings stadium on a smaller scale.

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    If you start from scratch I would build a dome type stadium so no one can blame the weather for not attending games. A mix like syracuse and the Vikings stadium on a smaller scale.
    That’s major money when you start talking climate controlTulane built yulman for 73 million. We can have something similar for around that. I think it’s better than throwing good money at bad with the structural issues we might face redoing current stadium.

Just add a sliding roof to the stadium we have now. Have it hang over the north parking lot during tailgating. Then when the game starts have it slide over the field so folks who what weather protection will have to come into the stadium.

14. Default

Or we can just kick basketball out of the Cajundome and play in there.

15. Default Re: UL has big decision to make on Cajun Field renovation

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Or we can just kick basketball out of the Cajundome and play in there.
    WILDCATTERS revisited?

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 . LastLast

Thread Information