Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 . LastLast

Thread: UL has big decision to make on Cajun Field renovation

Default Re: UL has big decision to make on Cajun Field renovation

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Nope! Take a look at our actual state audits during Hudspeth's first 4 years, winning 9 games per season and four straight bowl games. It's not even close, winning football drives collegiate sports in the south and the majority of the revenue.
    For all his buffoonery Hud did more for this univ than most any other coach in the modern era.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    For all his buffoonery Hud did more for this univ than most any other coach in the modern era.
    His rah rah persona got people to open up wallets. 100 % agreed .

3. Default Re: UL has big decision to make on Cajun Field renovation

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    His rah rah persona got people to open up wallets. 100 % agreed .
    His personality and openness with these people made those people feel like they were an integral part of the program AND THEY OPENED THEIR POCKETBOOKS. TRU DAT.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    What im thinking

I mean. the baseball club is never used for anything outside of games🙄
    I don’t know if that’s sarcasm. I know it’s used for Diamond club and some RCAF functions. Other than that?

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    I don’t know if that’s sarcasm. I know it’s used for Diamond club and some RCAF functions. Other than that?
    McDonald's (Crampy) had a regional meeting there as well as a hand full of others. The expectations are that more will use it for such functions going forward. BTW, the McDonald's meeting and several others were during the season.

6. Default Re: UL has big decision to make on Cajun Field renovation

All that being said, LouisianaB's concerns are legitimate. And I share them.

But, I still think the risk is worth the reward, if you get the ingredients right.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    Look around the country, you aren’t going to find very many college football stadiums or outdoor stadiums (with capacities under 30-40,000) hosting non-football events.

You might be able to attract private high school football state championship, but you will be bidding on that hosting spot with a few other cities.

You aren’t going to attract a large artist to play there. Find a band that plays in a less than 40k seat outdoor stadium. There aren’t that many.

You will still have a few marching band competitions, which aren’t exactly money pits

Overall, you’re still looking at 7 (5 football dates, 1 high school band event, and 1 marching band event over the summer) dates, with 1-2 more events, if you’re lucky.

Don’t want to bust y’alls bubble, but people aren’t lining up to schedule events, even with a renovation.
    Cajun field would hold around 50k in a concert configuration, you put people on the field. The stadium is old, it has issues it needs to be redone.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    All that being said, LouisianaB's concerns are legitimate. And I share them.

But, I still think the risk is worth the reward, if you get the ingredients right.
    I think his concerns are warranted as well.l can be honest with myself, Beaver Club luncheons won’t pay for the project.but there are plenty of opportunities for a well-designed facility to make some “extra cash”

9. Default Re: UL has big decision to make on Cajun Field renovation

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    I think his concerns are warranted as well.l can be honest with myself, Beaver Club luncheons won’t pay for the project.but there are plenty of opportunities for a well-designed facility to make some “extra cash”
    I think so too, but are they enough to actually justify $50+ million and call it a "multi-use" facility? I think the answer is yes, but it's almost elusively because I'm a Cajun football backer.

I don't know how much water the multi-use angle actually holds, and I think that's what B is saying.

10. Default Re: UL has big decision to make on Cajun Field renovation

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    There are probably about 15 or 20 organizations in town that meet weekly that would provide small opportunities for regular cash flow. Also, you could pitch a section of season tickets for them to sit together for football games if they will commit to a minimum amount of season tickets. Two birds with one stone possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    McDonald's (Crampy) had a regional meeting there as well as a hand full of others. The expectations are that more will use it for such functions going forward. BTW, the McDonald's meeting and several others were during the season.
    One Acadiana also meets there

12. Default Re: UL has big decision to make on Cajun Field renovation

Is there anybody on here or knows anybody that wouldn’t attend a great or terrible opponent game because of the stadium’s condition? Think that it is cool that we have the largest FB, Basball, and basketball arenas or close to it in all G5 and many of the Ps! Sure a new facility to look great in the competition of new stadia is nice, but let’s do this right like softball, Ipf, apc, baseball, basketball, and track/soccer!

13. Default Re: UL has big decision to make on Cajun Field renovation

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    There are probably about 15 or 20 organizations in town that meet weekly that would provide small opportunities for regular cash flow. Also, you could pitch a section of season tickets for them to sit together for football games if they will commit to a minimum amount of season tickets. Two birds with one stone possibility.
    And that's all fine. But you're seeing it with Russo right now. Multi use is a very small part of the revenue stream. If you don't win with a $50+ million dollar new expense, you are looking at a train wreck.

14. Default Re: UL has big decision to make on Cajun Field renovation

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    And that's all fine. But you're seeing it with Russo right now. Multi use is a very small part of the revenue stream. If you don't win with a $50+ million dollar new expense, you are looking at a train wreck.
    I know this is peanuts but getting people to the facility could encourage support for the team. Winning would definitely place more of them in the seats. The exposure may also encourage more to give.

How much would it cost to wait until it’s condemned or deemed unsafe and have to miss a season or 2 and play elsewhere?

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 . LastLast

Thread Information